PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

redline
14-07-2006, 10:33 PM
How do I post an Avatar on my profile?????

Disregard above I figured it out.

Morty
17-04-2007, 03:43 AM
Can't upload my avatar, errors messages regarding permission denied etc.
Size right............. Help

Keith Maniac
17-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Can't upload my avatar, errors messages regarding permission denied etc.
Size right............. Help

What did you want?

17-04-2007, 10:15 AM
gunny contact me next time youre on site
can fix, have magic fingers :razz:

Morty
18-04-2007, 08:23 AM
gunny contact me next time youre on site
can fix, have magic fingers :razz:
Indeed you have, thanks bushie

16-05-2007, 01:46 PM
My avatar is gone and now I am blocked from putting up another. What's happening?

16-05-2007, 01:48 PM
You are not the first to have av problems
I shall fix it
want the same ugly old one? :mad:

16-05-2007, 01:50 PM
I shall fix it

A yoda of your choice will be fine. Thanks.

16-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I shall fix it

A yoda of your choice will be fine. Thanks.
eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
done ;)

16-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Cheers what was the prob? I was getting a very weird and quick message when I tried to upload.

16-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I link all my avs offsite and yours is as well right now
ever since the upgrade many have experienced the X in their av and it is beyond me whats happening
but because I had already saved your av pic on my comp i simply linked it off site
anyone else having similiar problems I can fix also.

Greenie
12-06-2007, 05:31 AM
Hi Bushy, yes also having the same problem.

Flash Gordon
12-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi Bushman Could you please find my original avatar as this strange one is now there and i cannot erase it or pull up the range of avatars to replace it .The upgrade you mentioned must have selected it

Thanks in anticipation Flash Gordon

12-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi Bushman Could you please find my original avatar as this strange one is now there and i cannot erase it or pull up the range of avatars to replace it .The upgrade you mentioned must have selected it

Thanks in anticipation Flash Gordon
If your original one was an onsite avatar forget it.
They have not worked for quite some time so either find an av you like and if you cannot get it to load pm me and I can get it on site usually.
Otherwise go to your profile and simply select delete by un ticking the tick next to your existing avatar.
willing to help, the impossible i can do straight away, miracles take a little longer :mrgreen:

12-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi Bushy, yes also having the same problem.
Have put in a temp av greenie for now until the onsite ones get fixed or if you want a particular type or have one already but cannot get it to load either email it to me and I can get it on or send me a message and I may have something like what you want.
(avatar that is) ;)

Greenie
13-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks Bushy, looks great

imported_admin
15-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I have loaded a few avatars into the gallery for users.

Specky
10-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm trying to upload a photo as my new avatar but the file size is too big, any idea how I can change it, I can change the quality and pixel size but it's poor quality and the file size is still too big. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Your help with this problem would be appreciated. :cool:

Keith Maniac
10-03-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm trying to upload a photo as my new avatar but the file size is too big, any idea how I can change it, I can change the quality and pixel size but it's poor quality and the file size is still too big. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Your help with this problem would be appreciated. :cool:

You can go to a site, such as "ImageShack", where you can convert your photos for online use.

Specky
26-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I link all my avs offsite and yours is as well right now
ever since the upgrade many have experienced the X in their av and it is beyond me whats happening
but because I had already saved your av pic on my comp i simply linked it off site
anyone else having similiar problems I can fix also.

Help, Bushy, how do you link your avatars offsite :?:

I've tried to change file sizes on photo's to make the avatar 6 kb or smaller with no success, I've tried e-mailing a couple of snaps to Dave and he tried to shrink them, and still no success.

How do you guys have avatars that are much bigger than 100 by 100 pixels and much bigger than 6 kb :?:

gottabeup
07-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Go here, others have the same problem. Its looks a simple fix, going offsite is just a workaround.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... r#p3912785 (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=701855&p=3912785&hilit=uploading+avatar+error#p3912785)

Glory glory
19-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Go here, others have the same problem. Its looks a simple fix, going offsite is just a workaround.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... r#p3912785 (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=701855&p=3912785&hilit=uploading+avatar+error#p3912785)

why don't ya have one then gottabeup

19-08-2008, 08:45 PM

:smile: :smile: GG, sometimes you are priceless :mrgreen:

gottabeup
25-08-2008, 08:13 AM

Nice timely response to a fairly meaningless post Bushy, when mine sits there unanswered for weeks, good moderation!! I run a version of this board and had the same problem, it took me all of about 10 minutes to fix it after a bit of searching, and its not difficult. Why should people have to email you to get an avatar changed. Fix the problem!!

25-08-2008, 09:19 AM

Nice timely response to a fairly meaningless post Bushy, when mine sits there unanswered for weeks, good moderation!! I run a version of this board and had the same problem, it took me all of about 10 minutes to fix it after a bit of searching, and its not difficult. Why should people have to email you to get an avatar changed. Fix the problem!!
I would not personally try to fix a board problem, the software we run is controlled by Willo and I am sure he is aware of the problem you have posted and the possible cure.

If I tried to make a fix to the system and stuffed it up somehow, firstly id be the worst in the world for touching something that wasnt my place to touch, and secondly I believe Willo has Computer Techs available to him to look at these problems and they would be far better suited to attempting the fix than I.

Most dont seem to be having problems instaalling avatars now anyhow unless they try to install personalised ones which dont meet the specifications as to size, and when this occurs and they cannot rectify the problem I have helped them.

Willo
27-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Gotta - I looked at the fix as soon as you posted and applied it straight away.

thanks for the advice

gottabeup
01-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Gotta - I looked at the fix as soon as you posted and applied it straight away.

thanks for the advice

Woohoo I'm back, good stuff Willo

The Third Man
14-12-2008, 05:49 PM
A query on avatars: I would like to use one or two avatars I have in my collection and change them from time to time just for fun but they cant be any more than 6k.
Yet if I check the properties of some of the avatars already in use on the forum, they are above that 6k. I don't understand?
And dont try to tell me that size doesnt matter :smile:

14-12-2008, 06:12 PM
A query on avatars: I would like to use one or two avatars I have in my collection and change them from time to time just for fun but they cant be any more than 6k.
Yet if I check the properties of some of the avatars already in use on the forum, they are above that 6k. I don't understand?
I will do some research and get back to you next week ;)

The Third Man
15-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I will do some research and get back to you next week ;)

Thanks would appreciate that

dunny
17-12-2008, 11:59 AM
I will do some research and get back to you next week ;)hows the reasearch going ????

17-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Working on it ;) :mrgreen:

Perko
02-10-2009, 08:48 PM
My avatar has dissapeared :???:

02-10-2009, 08:57 PM

haven't they told you yet

Perko
02-10-2009, 09:13 PM

haven't they told you yet

Told me what? is there a problem

02-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Joke Joyce...

polky25
08-10-2009, 06:53 AM

so has mine perko and i noticed a few others have as well...

08-10-2009, 08:32 AM

so has mine perko and i noticed a few others have as well...

I am not sure why they have disappeared. The only thing that could have happened is that they were not the correct size. The must be 95 pixels by 100 pixels maximum and can not be any larger than 6 kb.

It is also possible that the picture that you uploaded to use as your avatar has been moved from its original location and cannot be found by the avatar compiler.