PDA

View Full Version : Whisper about Darebin

30-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Along the grapevine...

The last say in what will actually happen at Darebin is to be made by the council! Not BA, not the bowls club and not the RVBA. The people to make the final decision are in no way effected by the outcome directly.

Now for the kicker. Tenders have been submitted to completely rebuild the greens, including the removal of the current sand base that retains no moisture and resow them new green to tif. Obviously this is not cheap, but anybody that has ever bowled there and anybody that is directly effected will tell you that is what is needed.

The council has also sought quotes to take off the top ONLY (none of the sand base!) and resow it to tif. The only difference this will result in is that Darebin will then be home to the crappiest tif greens known to man instead of the crappiest bent grass green known to man.

If you would like to get involved I have posted a word document here (http://www.walkerfamily.id.au/Documents/FixDarebinNow.doc) and a pdf document here (http://www.walkerfamily.id.au/Documents/FixDarebinNow.doc). Either edit the Word document to insert your own name and address and email it to gglynn@darebin.vic.gov.au or print the pdf document and mail it to the address on the letter or fax it to (03) 8470 8877.

Swifty
30-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm not a greenkeeper myself, but I do know that our tif greens have a sand base. After all, there's no choice in WA!

So if you want to complain about 17.5 second greens, go ahead. :smile:

30-04-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm not a greenkeeper myself, but I do know that our tif greens have a sand base. After all, there's no choice in WA!

It's not the fact that the base is sand - it's the fact that it's the wrong sand and does not retain any moisture. This is a large part of the reason for the greens being so crap Swifty.

Any new base that is installed will have a sand content, but it shouldn't be totally sand and shouldn't be so porous so as to drain off all the water.

Paddles
30-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Well done Michaelw. Hope this will yeild some results.

moosc
30-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I agree something must be done to the greens at the Tin outhouse in darebin. :grin:

However as a Rate payer and a bowler at another club in Darebin I want to ask just where is the MONEY coming from to pay for this. :?:

Where was the community consultation?

Is this going to be at the detriment of other bowling clubs in the area?

Where is the accountability for past and future disasters?

Neil w

Glory glory
30-04-2008, 08:00 PM

It's not the fact that the base is sand - it's the fact that it's the wrong sand and does not retain any moisture. This is a large part of the reason for the greens being so crap Swifty.

Any new base that is installed will have a sand content, but it shouldn't be totally sand and shouldn't be so porous so as to drain off all the water.

Its also a sand that is to course, it won't compact firmer

09-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Response from Darebin Council:
------------------------------------
Dear Michael,

I am responding to your letter regarding the greens at DISC (Darebin International Sports Centre).

Darebin City Council in partnership with key bowling stakeholders (Victorian Greenkeepers Association, Royal Victorian Bowls Association and Bowls Australia) are in the process of identifying problems associated with the greens. Based on this information Council plans to undertake a major refurbishment program in July 2008 which will include changing the grass surface to couch grass as it is more resilient and drought resistant.

The refurbishment program will commence in September/October 2008.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Janice Lane
Manager Leisure Services
------------------------------

Vic Greenie, have you guys had much input? Are they listening? Or just paying lip service :???:

Glory glory
09-05-2008, 02:41 PM
theres noway they can refurbish couch (tift) in july. well i wouldn't atempt it

09-05-2008, 03:01 PM
The response says the refurb will begin Sep/Oct GG

Vic Greenie
10-05-2008, 04:02 AM
Vic Greenie, have you guys had much input? Are they listening? Or just paying lip service

We are not involved yet, we are waiting for the first meeting.

Glory glory
10-05-2008, 09:28 AM

still wouldn't attempt to refurb couch that time of year in melbourne.

but i suppose by time they dig out 6inches sand refill, level. could go into november about to sprig

10-05-2008, 12:37 PM

still wouldn't attempt to refurb couch that time of year in melbourne.

but i suppose by time they dig out 6inches sand refill, level. could go into november about to sprig
Ahh, thats Six inches of sand and 10 ton of old Pig Shit isnt it GG :smile:

Davo
10-05-2008, 03:37 PM

I'm with Ado on this one. Even Sept/Oct is a bit too early to sprig tiff.

Glory glory
11-05-2008, 10:02 AM

and that would be early up your way davo. lot coller down here

Davo
11-05-2008, 06:21 PM

and that would be early up your way davo. lot coller down here

Yep, too early Ado. november/december would be better.

David South
30-05-2008, 03:02 PM
I was talking to Anthony Long from TORO this morning about the possibility of putting a KISSS sub-surface irrigation system in at Middle Park when we convert the back green to tifdwarf after Xmas. He mentioned that they are looking at putting KISS subsurface irrigation in at Darebin. That sounds like a very positive step to me.

30-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I was talking to Anthony Long from TORO this morning about the possibility of putting a KISSS sub-surface irrigation system in at Middle Park when we convert the back green to tifdwarf after Xmas. He mentioned that they are looking at putting KISS subsurface irrigation in at Darebin. That sounds like a very positive step to me.
Only if the current sand under the green is removed and replaced with something that can retain some moisture.

moosc
31-05-2008, 09:57 AM
I drove past Darebin yesterday and two of the greens looked like they had a yellow type sand over the greens.

Neil w

BIG BAWLS
02-06-2008, 01:15 AM
greens have been sprayed with round up !!!!!!!!looking a treat

tender docos are available for the resurfacing now !!!!!!!

1 problem is the people putting out the specs are the same ones involved in the last debarcle!!!!!!!!!!!1

the difference in the 2 tenders last time was $80 000 it wouldve been better to take the higher one as the darebin has had a little more tipped in than that so far :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Vic Greenie
13-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Dear Michael,

I am responding to your letter regarding the greens at DISC (Darebin International Sports Centre).

Darebin City Council in partnership with key bowling stakeholders (Victorian Greenkeepers Association, Royal Victorian Bowls Association and Bowls Australia) are in the process of identifying problems associated with the greens. Based on this information Council plans to undertake a major refurbishment program in July 2008 which will include changing the grass surface to couch grass as it is more resilient and drought resistant.

Thank you for your feed back.

Regards,

Janice Lane
Manager Leisure Services

Vic Greenie, have you guys had much input? Are they listening? Or just paying lip service :???:

The meetings have started and the VGA is holding firm on fixing the greens properly.

13-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your feed back.

Regards,

Janice Lane
Manager Leisure Services

The meetings have started and the VGA is holding firm on fixing the greens properly.
How's that going down with the council VG? Are they prepared to do what is REALLY required?

Vic Greenie
13-06-2008, 04:44 PM
They seem not very keen to go in that direction at this stage.

The full discussion is not complete, other issues on the agenda next.

13-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Is there anything we can do as bowlers?

I've already written to about 6 executives in the council about this issue and posted a form letter here on the forum for others to use (not sure if any have).

The Darebin City Council can't be allowed to stuff it up again, all in the name of saving a few quid. If BA let them, there'll be bloody hell to pay.

So VG, what can we do?

Vic Greenie
17-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Please wait, we need to be clear of the full direction council wants to go.

The sand is yet to be discussed.

Perko
17-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Daribein BC should pull out of all of this, its costing alot of members from what I hear around the traps go back to 2 greens or what ever, this place was built for 1 thing and 1 thing only the poor club has put up with crap for to long .
Why a club with 2-3 mens pennant teams would need 4 greens has got me stuffed.
Money going down the drain and a club losing members a shame.
No shelters as they cant for reasons of having stands erected for 1 month of a year, a 10km walk to the toilet its a bloody mess not just the greens

dunny
17-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Daribein BC should pull out of all of this, its costing alot of members from what I hear around the traps go back to 2 greens or what ever, this place was built for 1 thing and 1 thing only the poor club has put up with crap for to long .
Money going down the drain and a club losing members a shame :i'm with stupid:

Perko
17-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Money going down the drain and a club losing members a shame :i'm with stupid: To make things better the members cant even drink in there own bar when these games are on which I dont think the club makes a zac out of it anyway

moosc
18-06-2008, 08:53 AM
The club should be disbanded and this centre should only be used for RVBA - BA events, finals, interstate events and state and group training/competitions. :grin:

Members should join with the other local clubs in the area who are all atruggling for players and numbers. :cry:

Neil W

18-06-2008, 09:15 AM
The club should be disbanded and this centre should only be used for RVBA - BA events, finals, interstate events and state and group training/competitions. :grin:

Members should join with the other local clubs in the area who are all atruggling for players and numbers. :cry:

Neil W
I totally disagree. If this happens, then Darebin will become a bigger white elephant than it already is and we (as a bowling community) will continue to pour money into a venue/facility that is used sporadically. What if the AO moves around the country?

The centre of excellence that was meant to be set up has not progressed at all. Neil Dalrymple can't even tell you what it should be! It was a buzz word that managed to get some funding.

The facility should remain as is and get a full upgrade to the greens OR it should be handed back to the council to do with what they will. Then move the AO to a different club/state each year. To keep it as a facility for use for a couple of events makes no financial sense to our sport whatsoever.

I can't think of another sport that maintains a facility for one match/event a year? Golf use different courses, the tennis courts at Melbourne Park are used year round, AFL share facilities as do the Melbourne NBL clubs (with other sports).

kosbar
18-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Darebin City Bowls Club could exist comfortably with just one green, and use the Indoor green as required. Last season they had 4 mens teams, and 2 womens teams, but the contract they have with the Darebin Council states that the club has to keep a minimum of 2 grass greens for their own use.

Commie
18-06-2008, 02:26 PM
How did Darebin fall into signing a contract that offers so little and makes enormous obligations of the membership.
Didn't anyone read the document before someone whipped out a pen and added a wiggly ink stain to an already dirty agreement.

dunny
18-06-2008, 03:13 PM
the whole tender process is really a joke. look wher eit got the venue last time. in reality the whole place should be taken over by darebin council who then employ a greenkeeper to run the greens and pay him a salery accordingly. then the greenkeeper employed by council undertake the whole rebuilding of the greens with the council paying the bills. that way there is one person in control from start to finish and if he cant do the job to satisfaction then sack his arse and get somebody who can

Perko
18-06-2008, 04:49 PM

Neil W Your kidding.
I reckon the old Faircote members will be regreting the whole thing,thats if any of them are still there.
The Victorian Government, RVBA and BA have to be blamed for stuffing up the whole thing.
There was talks when Daribien was first built that a few clubs in the local area would all play there under there own banner but this did not happen.

BIG BAWLS
18-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Dear Michael,

Regards,

Janice Lane
Manager Leisure Services

How's that going down with the council VG? Are they prepared to do what is REALLY required?

here it goes again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

if this fails try getting other clubs to put in tiff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dunny
19-06-2008, 07:33 AM
[quote=michaelw]Response from Darebin Council:
Dear Michael,

Regards,

Janice Lane
Manager Leisure Services

here it goes again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

if this fails try getting other clubs to put in tiff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:npnxre4f] :i'm with stupid:

moosc
19-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally there was talk that other local clubs would join with darebin to share the facility :grin:

But I can tell yah that there is not much hope of that ever happening. Most clubs in the darebin Council area would rather go bust than join at that place.

At no stage did Darebin Council ever consult with any of the local clubs over co-habitation of the facility prior to its building, the clubs received a letter from council offerring its use for them as tennants. :grin:
Now with three of the clubs being on private land why would they opt for this? After its openning and the state of the greens why would they join here now?

Neil W

dunny
19-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally there was talk that other local clubs would join with darebin to share the facility :grin:

But I can tell yah that there is not much hope of that ever happening. Most clubs in the darebin Council area would rather go bust than join at that place.

At no stage did Darebin Council ever consult with any of the local clubs over co-habitation of the facility prior to its building, the clubs received a letter from council offerring its use for them as tennants. :grin:
Now with three of the clubs being on private land why would they opt for this? After its openning and the state of the greens why would they join here now?

Neil Whardly an attractive offer is it. sell up ur club and move to a place with the worst greens in the country,no facilities and an indoor green that has a roof that leaks. now if the place was done properly with great greens and user friendly facilities for tournaments then it could have been a different proposition.but once again the cheapest offer was accepted and where has it gotten darebin and the vic government.costing more then the most expensive tender by far and a reputation in tatters

19-06-2008, 12:02 PM
The rot started at Collingwood FCBC (Northcote). Collingwood screwed the club to the ground under McAlister and Petrie and when their mismanagement of the situation, as with just about all their other investments of the time, caused local grief.

They sold off one of the clubs greens for housing in a deal where the club got to keep one green and the clubhouse. I believe , and am ready to be corrected, Northcote's Eddie everywhere did the deal with the council and Faircote to amalgamate and sunk their $1m odd into the project as well.

It was a real shame! Couldn't have happened to nicer people! :smile:

BIG BAWLS
20-06-2008, 01:08 AM
now that the old tip has had some greens on it the subsurface wouldve composted well lets turn it into a fukin market garden

ANYONE FOR POTATOES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they could sell to preston market !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB
20-06-2008, 09:35 AM
now that the old tip has had some greens on it the subsurface wouldve composted well lets turn it into a *&((-- market garden

ANYONE FOR POTATOES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they could sell to preston market !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB, i'm sure what you're saying makes perfect sense in your head, but i've got no idea what you're trying to say :shock: :shock: :smile:

moosc
22-06-2008, 12:48 AM
With all respect Darebin Council has got everything it deserved over the DISc project. :grin:

It has become a giagantic liability, a mill stone round its kneck if you like. And they thoroughly deserve it IMHO. :smile: :smile: :smile:

The indecent haste with which they tenderred for the project, hoping to cash in on the Commonwealth games bonanza, at the start was surely the first sign of the future, the mess we now find ourselves in. :grin:

Aided by the labour Govenments desire to award the project to a safe labour electrate, unfettered by any realistic consultation process amongst other likeminded organisations such as local clubs, crippled by a lack of decent, available public transport, woefull car parking, located in a most unflattering location and with narry a thought for life after the commonwealth games, they serenely sailed onto the "iceberg" called reality. It may not have sunk yet but eventually it will :grin:

I believe that we (The Bowls Fraternity) don't need it and that its very existance threatens the sport here in the north. Larger clubs such as Lalor, Kingsbury and Bundoora should survive, but as DISC puts more and more financial pressure on the Darebin council, who are flakey at the best of times, it willbe interesting to see how they end up finding the money with out commiting political suicide.

Neil W

BIG BAWLS
24-06-2008, 12:40 AM
i heard that they only want to put new tops on the greens which to me with not a great deal of experience seems a waste of time if the subsurface is so bad and unsettled !!!! if they do half a job again and dont rebuild the whole green it will be a waste of time and more taxpayers money !!!!!

They could heavily top dress with sand and let the BOCCI chapionships there

its time to bite the bullet either spend the cash to do it properly and not halfassed job again
and why is the consultant that F##KED it up the first time overseeing this time ????????????????????????????

surely if his recommendations change means he was wrong and if they dont well it seems it wont work ???????????????????????????????????

This really brings a bad vibe to such a great game and the sooner we can move on the better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dunny
25-06-2008, 04:13 PM
any news on what is going on at the tip

Vic Greenie
25-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Council keen to amend sand, plant Tiffdwarf.

VGA keen to totally rebuild greens.

Another meeting tommorrow.

Perko
25-06-2008, 07:59 PM

Another meeting tommorrow. Its got me stuffed why Daribein need 4 greens.
If we wanna have the OZ open take it to a venue thats already established.
I believe the membership at Daribein is decressing at a rapid rate so why on earth do they need 4 greens. Theres clubs out there that have heaps of members and not enough rinks
This whole project stuffed a good club

Glory glory
25-06-2008, 08:03 PM
i'd say just the state of the greens as stuffed the club.

Perko
25-06-2008, 08:11 PM
i'd say just the state of the greens as stuffed the club. Yes and no in my opinion GG.
I haven't played there for pennant but what I here from that have is shocking what members have to put up with.
No shade/ seating why because they have to build stands for these top guns for 2 weeks of a year :???: wrong

I would like to see a survey done to see what peoples opinions are on everything not just the greens

BIG BAWLS
25-06-2008, 08:28 PM

why dont you guys at the vga helm pull out and save any bad vibes for the association as i think the couincil will have the last say and what price differences would the 2 options be tiff all 4 approx $150,000 and full construct what about $3-400,000 ????????????????????????????????????

Keith Maniac
26-06-2008, 12:34 AM
[quote="Vic Greenie":276uydn6]Council keen to amend sand, plant Tiffdwarf.

why dont you guys at the vga helm pull out and save any bad vibes for the association as i think the couincil will have the last say and what price differences would the 2 options be tiff all 4 approx $150,000 and full construct what about $3-400,000 ????????????????????????????????????[/quote:276uydn6]

If Darebin is to be "resurrected", it must be completely rebuilt!

Don't worry about the "elite" complaints. The rest of us mugs had to bowl on absolute rubbish as well! :listen to me:

They've already had 3 goes at this. Let's all hope that the bastards finally get it right ... this time! :roll:

dunny
26-06-2008, 07:44 AM
why not just forget about it, sell up and go to a club with three greens and add 1 more, problem solved. build the new one with tiff then re do the others as time permits

Glory glory
26-06-2008, 10:10 AM
why not just forget about it, sell up and go to a club with three greens and add 1 more, problem solved. build the new one with tiff then re do the others as time permits

middle park. the lands there, be easy to get that of parks victoria. public transport to the door.

just have to get rid of that stupid car race thats held there in march, nd look for a better greenie

JB
26-06-2008, 10:11 AM
:i'm with stupid: :i'm with stupid:

moosc
26-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Totaly agree they should drive a stake through its (DISC) heart, if it has one, cut their losses and move on. :cool:

If the whisper is correct that the Bike mob wont renew their lease unless they are given complete and absolute controll over the centre area, which means bye bye bowls, it could become quite interresting for the council. :grin:

To quote Old Gough in 1975 "Its Time"

Neil W

JB
26-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Totaly agree they should drive a stake through its (DISC) heart, if it has one, cut their losses and move on. :cool:

If the whisper is correct that the Bike mob wont renew their lease unless they are given complete and absolute controll over the centre area, which means bye bye bowls, it could become quite interresting for the council. :grin:

Neil W

where would the go? an arena like that ain't exactly cheap and indoor racing doesn't quite have the profile of outdoor atm? :???: :???: surely this fraternity couldn't hold them to a ransom of this magnitude :shock:

26-06-2008, 04:57 PM

Neil W

where would the go? an arena like that ain't exactly cheap and indoor racing doesn't quite have the profile of outdoor atm? :???: :???: surely this fraternity couldn't hold them to a ransom of this magnitude :shock:
What are the options for the council? If the bike mob move it's not like there's another bike mob waiting in the wings for such facility.

JB
26-06-2008, 05:02 PM
What are the options for the council? If the bike mob move it's not like there's another bike mob waiting in the wings for such facility.

where to and who's going to foot the bill?

26-06-2008, 05:09 PM

As it is now, most of the GP cycling events are held at Vodafone, except for one at Ciavello (DISC). As for the amateur/local level, I couldn't say where they would go - but do you think the movers and shakers at the top level of that organisation care?

JB
26-06-2008, 05:20 PM

As it is now, most of the GP cycling events are held at Vodafone, except for one at Ciavello (DISC). As for the amateur/local level, I couldn't say where they would go - but do you think the movers and shakers at the top level of that organisation care?

i don't think there are too many velodromes in Melb (6 others i think) and a further 2 that are of international standards - DISC and Hanshe (Vodafone), the other 6 are just club based ones. the events they hold Hanshe are the Grand Prix type events and its only ever constructed (like everything held there) for these events, its not static. this would leave alot of people without a proper facility to train at. couldn's see the Governament/Council allowing them to walk away from this one and expect further funding for another.

Commie
26-06-2008, 05:46 PM
They won't be walking away. It's the venue they've wanted for 50 years.

26-06-2008, 07:34 PM
If they can't walk away, then there's no point in playing hard ball is there? :???:

JB
27-06-2008, 09:48 AM
If they can't walk away, then there's no point in playing hard ball is there? :???:

depends what their greater agenda is......they might want a seating upgrade, an infrastructue upgrade, better heating, anything really. this point is just a leaver........ :???:

Commie
27-06-2008, 11:48 AM
My guess is they want more space inside the track, that means no indoor green. The bike people have more lobby power with governments than bowls does.

JB
27-06-2008, 12:31 PM
My guess is they want more space inside the track, that means no indoor green. The bike people have more lobby power with governments than bowls does.

again bringing us back to moving the whole lemon of a bowls club :shock: :???:

PB
27-06-2008, 01:19 PM

IMO they should run a bulldozer throught he front fence, ashpalt the whole place and move to somewhere like Kingsbury. Already has two good grass greens there is room for a fourth green in the surrounds, just have to replace the synthetic with Tiff.

JB
27-06-2008, 01:35 PM

IMO they should run a bulldozer throught he front fence, ashpalt the whole place and move to somewhere like Kingsbury. Already has two good grass greens there is room for a fourth green in the surrounds, just have to replace the synthetic with Tiff.

what about a third?? :shock: :shock: :smile: :smile:

kosbar
27-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Kingsbury has now only one grass green, one Kew Heights type synthetic and one plastic synthetic green. The grass green left is in very bad condition, and is being changed over to tiff next summer.

PB
27-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Kingsbury has now only one grass green, one Kew Heights type synthetic and one plastic synthetic green. The grass green left is in very bad condition, and is being changed over to tiff next summer.

My apologies I was under the impression that they still had two and that they were both going to tiff this summer.

Cujo
29-06-2008, 12:14 AM

Neil W

Moose, you are partly correct. As a board member at the time of one of those privately owned surrounding clubs we were consulted by the Darebin Council.

The council sent a consultant out to every club in Darebin. He was to compile a report back to the council. This guy met with us for around an hour asking us various questions. Which included would we consider leasing a green at Darebin. Of course the answer was get stuffed.

But, this consultation occurred after the decision to establish DISC was made. I asked the guy who visited why was this being done as an after thought. He couldn't provide an answer.

I wonder whether we could get a copy of that report?

Rabbit Dave
29-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I know this is the wrong place - but - found tyhis on pitch care - another turf site.

By Editor in Bowls on 24th Jul 2008 10:15

The 2009 Australian Open bowls will be held at the Shepparton Park Bowls Club in February next year, the first time regional Victoria has hosted the event.

Sport and Recreation Minister James Merlino, who today inspected the Shepparton Park Bowls Club where the tournament will be held, said the Open would run from 15-21 February. “The Brumby Government is delighted to see the Australian Open Bowls held in regional Victoria for the first time,” Mr Merlino said.

Rabbit

Maverick
22-08-2008, 03:56 PM
I hear that the sucessful tenderer has been accepted

dunny
22-08-2008, 04:11 PM
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :roll: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Perko
22-08-2008, 07:24 PM
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :roll: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :mad:

Vic Greenie
23-08-2008, 09:31 AM

I've already written to about 6 executives in the council about this issue and posted a form letter here on the forum for others to use (not sure if any have).

The Darebin City Council can't be allowed to stuff it up again, all in the name of saving a few quid. If BA let them, there'll be bloody hell to pay.

So VG, what can we do?

I think the horse has bolted, the council seem to have set up what they wanted from the start of this latest process.

The sand is not to be replaced only amendments added.
Tiffdwarf to be planted.

The winning contractor is the same company that was used to do the work and the laser levelling pre Commonwealth Games.

The turf consultant is the same used for the original construction.

Planting tiff is a step in the right direction and this should improve the surface from what it was like before but i cannot see this venue ever being the high standard it should be.

B2 ROCKET
23-08-2008, 09:51 AM
LOOKS LIKE SOME ONE IS GETTING KICK BACKS ON THE COUNCIL

Y THE HELL YOU WOULD USE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT F ED IT UP THE FIRST TIME GOD ONLY KNOWS

YES GOD DOES MONEY IS CHANGING HANDS :mad:

Perko
23-08-2008, 10:45 AM
LOOKS LIKE SOME ONE IS GETTING KICK BACKS ON THE COUNCIL
Y THE HELL YOU WOULD USE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT F ED IT UP THE FIRST TIME GOD ONLY KNOWS

YES GOD DOES MONEY IS CHANGING HANDS :mad: Wouldn't be the first

Glory glory
23-08-2008, 10:50 AM
wonder if ba walk away from the venue if not upto world class standard, once finished. i think they will

dunny
23-08-2008, 03:16 PM
same guy who got the contract attends the TGAA day at corowa on a regular basis, there is a busload of greenies from geelong,melb and ballarat,bendigo attending this year, wonder if there will be any interesting questions asked

24-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Whats the trading name of the succesful tenderer :?:

If they do a quality job we want to know who to praise.

If they do a crap job :twisted:

Perko
24-08-2008, 07:58 PM

If they do a crap job :twisted: It has already been mentioned

24-08-2008, 08:02 PM

Mention it again, im tired cant be bothered going through 50000 posts :twisted:

Perko
24-08-2008, 08:05 PM

Mention it again, im tired cant be bothered going through 50000 posts :twisted: :mad: go back a few pages you idiot :mrgreen: in the other thread

Perko
24-08-2008, 08:10 PM
[quote="Vic Greenie":2pg1f57g]They seem not very keen to go in that direction at this stage.

So VG, what can we do?

I think the horse has bolted, the council seem to have set up what they wanted from the start of this latest process.

Tiffdwarf to be planted.

The winning contractor is the same company that was used to do the work and the laser levelling pre Commonwealth Games.

Planting tiff is a step in the right direction and this should improve the surface from what it was like before but i cannot see this venue ever being the high standard it should be.[/quote:2pg1f57g] They could of change the sand on the 2nd attempt, why didn't they vic?

24-08-2008, 08:13 PM
[quote="Vic Greenie":14mzukvc]They seem not very keen to go in that direction at this stage.

So VG, what can we do?

Tiffdwarf to be planted.

Planting tiff is a step in the right direction and this should improve the surface from what it was like before but i cannot see this venue ever being the high standard it should be. They could of change the sand on the 2nd attempt, why didn't they vic?[/quote:14mzukvc]GRRRRR only names I can see mentioned was Toro on a watering system and this

Tiffdwarf to be planted.

Planting tiff is a step in the right direction and this should improve the surface from what it was like before but i cannot see this venue ever being the high standard it should be.

Give me names you damn Grass cutter :twisted: :razz: :twisted:

24-08-2008, 08:19 PM
And the winning tenderer is Mc mahons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the way the tender doc was written and the up front cah it was always going down their track

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: When i wake up i hope this Darebin debacle has all been a dream :sad: :sad: :sad:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Found it meself thanks Weedman :smile: :smile:
Is this them?????

http://www.mcmahonslawnturf.com.au/about.htm

Perko
24-08-2008, 08:28 PM

the way the tender doc was written and the up front cah it was always going down their track

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: When i wake up i hope this Darebin debacle has all been a dream :sad: :sad: :sad:

Is this them?????

http://www.mcmahonslawnturf.com.au/about.htm

Never heard of them

dunny
24-08-2008, 09:23 PM

Is this them?????

http://www.mcmahonslawnturf.com.au/about.htmwrong crew i think bushy but then again with this debacle who knows :grin: :grin: maybe could do a better job :smile: :smile: :smile:

Perko
24-08-2008, 09:49 PM
[quote="BIG BAWLS":14onj34c]And the winning tenderer is Mc mahons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this them?????

http://www.mcmahonslawnturf.com.au/about.htmwrong crew i think bushy but then again with this debacle who knows :grin: :grin: maybe could do a better job :smile: :smile: :smile:[/quote:14onj34c] I didn't wanna say anything :smile:

Rabbit Dave
07-09-2008, 01:11 AM
try
http://www.mcmahons.net.au/home.html

07-09-2008, 02:09 AM
CONSTRUCTION PHILOSOPHY
Our philosophy at McMahon’s is to turn our client’s dreams into reality through the use of the most modern technology, and with minimal impact on the environment. The success of the McMahon family business is based on their philosophy and ability to build profitable projects without compromising quality. They believe a family name shoulders responsibility... a responsibility they carry to each project from concept through completion. McMahon’s firmly believes that if the quality is evident, their reputation will follow. :grin:

OUR TECHNOLOGY
The new technology which we use enables us to implement the proposed design at a remarkable level of accuracy, with shaping around greens to a tolerance of +/- 5 to 10mm, without using a single survey peg in the construction. By utilising machine control technology to exactly position the cutting edges of the equipment we are able us to achieve a much higher degree of accuracy than can be reached with more traditional methods of construction.

McMahon’s maintain a complete line of earthmoving and specialised turf construction equipment. From initial bulk earthworks to final shaping, we have the resources and infrastructure to undertake any project. Whether it is dozers or excavators, dump trucks or loaders, or our specialised equipment, you can be assured that the experience we have obtained will ensure that the right equipment is chosen for your project. This equipment together with our skilled operators is part of the formula for transforming the architect’s vision into reality.

THE WAY FORWARD
McMahon’s thrives on maintaining and promoting integrity, teamwork and excellence throughout our company. Our aim for the future is, as always, to keep developing award-winning golf courses and sports fields that not only add to the natural landscape, but are also aesthetically pleasing and enjoyable to players of all levels. ;) :smile: McMahon’s constantly endeavours to strike a delicate balance between the form and function of a project by developing a close working relationship with the architect and the owner.

Perko
07-09-2008, 06:55 PM
CONSTRUCTION PHILOSOPHY
Our philosophy at McMahon’s is to turn our client’s dreams into reality through the use of the most modern technology, and with minimal impact on the environment. The success of the McMahon family business is based on their philosophy and ability to build profitable projects without compromising quality. They believe a family name shoulders responsibility... a responsibility they carry to each project from concept through completion. McMahon’s firmly believes that if the quality is evident, their reputation will follow. :grin:

OUR TECHNOLOGY
The new technology which we use enables us to implement the proposed design at a remarkable level of accuracy, with shaping around greens to a tolerance of +/- 5 to 10mm, without using a single survey peg in the construction. By utilising machine control technology to exactly position the cutting edges of the equipment we are able us to achieve a much higher degree of accuracy than can be reached with more traditional methods of construction.

McMahon’s maintain a complete line of earthmoving and specialised turf construction equipment. From initial bulk earthworks to final shaping, we have the resources and infrastructure to undertake any project. Whether it is dozers or excavators, dump trucks or loaders, or our specialised equipment, you can be assured that the experience we have obtained will ensure that the right equipment is chosen for your project. This equipment together with our skilled operators is part of the formula for transforming the architect’s vision into reality.

THE WAY FORWARD
McMahon’s thrives on maintaining and promoting integrity, teamwork and excellence throughout our company. Our aim for the future is, as always, to keep developing award-winning golf courses and sports fields that not only add to the natural landscape, but are also aesthetically pleasing and enjoyable to players of all levels. ;) :smile: McMahon’s constantly endeavours to strike a delicate balance between the form and function of a project by developing a close working relationship with the architect and the owner.

Our leadership in this field was shown when we were asked to reconstruct the four Bowling Greens at the Darebin International Sports Centre, in preparation for the 2006 Commonwealth Games and the 2006 Australian Open Bowl’s Championship.

dave
07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Their leadership was shown when they

were asked to reconstruct the four Bowling Greens at the Darebin International Sports Centre, in preparation for the 2006 Commonwealth Games and the 2006 Australian Open Bowl’s Championship.

and sadly they turned out to be a pack of losers, when even BA walked away from the venue this year ....

Rabbit Dave
07-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Dear Gentleman,

I put my forth with comments forthwith !!!!!

Collis- George revoultions soils physics. ( Syd Uni) 1960 odd

Percy Wong worked and works in plant diseases (for better word)

Many people have aided the information for turf

BUT where is the funding?

Who pays ?

You sit here, as I do, watch, listen, comment.

In reality we know crap!!

Because we do not fund a coererant reseach progrqm

eg USGA, BIGGA or NZTRI

Yess Pised Again

JB
08-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Dear Gentleman,

I put my forth with comments forthwith !!!!!

Collis- George revoultions soils physics. ( Syd Uni) 1960 odd

Percy Wong worked and works in plant diseases (for better word)

Many people have aided the information for turf

BUT where is the funding?

Who pays ?

You sit here, as I do, watch, listen, comment.

In reality we know crap!!

Because we do not fund a coererant reseach progrqm

eg USGA, BIGGA or NZTRI

Yess Pised Again

i didn't understand a word you just said, little man......? :shock: :???:

Verbal
08-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I think this explains it................... "Yess Pised Again"

He's obviously not happy either :mad: :mad:

KingOfDraw
08-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Must've been really hammered.
I've seen Aliens on the X-Files make more sense than him.
Talking complete Jibberish.

08-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Hey im sure everyone has cut loose now and then :smile:

At least its not abuse like some have come out with, and rabbits made some excellent contributions to this place ;)

As for Darebin using a Tennis Court contractor who stuffed it up last time and getting another bash at it, maybe because the open is played Sets Play, the Darebin Council thought it was a tennis court :cool: :mrgreen: