PDA

View Full Version : NSW Girls Under 18 Singles & Pairs

M
11-07-2008, 10:25 AM
This is the first time we have held this event. It gets under way today. We will try to keep you posted with some results. Katrina Wright (Australian player and once-upon-a-time a NSW Development Officer) has donated a perpetual Trophy for the event. Good on you girl!
Good luck to all the girls competing!

11-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Good luck with it M hope we see the new generation of Aussie Squad girls because it seems there arent too many oldies getting a go these days, especially in the Ladies ;)

gavin holburn
11-07-2008, 05:46 PM
From memory, quarter finalists in singles were
Megan Walsh
Susie Stojcevska
Ashlee Meyers
Rebekah Ramsey
Amanda Laird
Natasha van Eldick
Allison Jeffery
Sarah Boddington

Chalks1971
11-07-2008, 06:22 PM
From memory, quarter finalists in singles were
Megan Walsh
Susie Stojcevska
Ashlee Meyers
Rebekah Ramsey
Amanda Laird
Natasha van Eldick
Allison Jeffery
Sarah Boddington

Whos showing the form Gav?

gavin holburn
11-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Hard to put a line thru the form. I only watched the first two games, and then only 3 sections (they were spread across 3 greens, I just stayed at Louren's). Very windy conditions, but there were some good bowls played at times.

Natasha van Eldick would have been my pick at the start and she scraped thru sectional. Naomi Elliott would have been another of my picks, but she got eliminated by Allison Jeffery. I have never seen Allison before but she was very consistent.

Today was the first time I have seen Louren bowl in ages and she has a long, long way to go (mentally) if she is to defend her Aust title. She lost her section on countback. Had to win her last by a margin but was too worried about the rink next door. Sarah Boddington, who got thru in that section, has been solid for a couple of years now (qualified for Aust indoor), but I would have backed Natasha against her in the quarters (haven't heard results).

Warilla had their usual contingent of contenders. Eric Johannes certainly does a great job with the juniors down there!

trundler
12-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Wrap Up, results & some photos on RNSWBA web site
http://www.rnswba.org.au/RNSWBA/jsp/c_p ... mentID=240 (http://www.rnswba.org.au/RNSWBA/jsp/c_press-release-item.jsp?category=Latest&elementID=240)