PDA

View Full Version : Typical renovation

platinum
21-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi guys

Just seeing what the typical renovation to a bowling green is.

is there a set order you do the reno in.

thanks guys

Perko
21-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi guys

Just seeing what the typical renovation to a bowling green is.

is there a set order you do the reno in.

thanks guys
In the past I cored/verti drain first then scarrify 2-3 different directions, this year I did it in th opposite for some reason and still come up real good.

Add nutrients and over sow any bare or sparse areas.

Once seed has germinated and growing for a few weeks or so start cutting the green around 60cents -

A liquid feed to get young seedlings growing healthy and a fungicide should be sprayed for pythium

Lower height gradually maybe another light scarrify/ groom before dusting.

It really depends what condition the green is in before renovating on time frames.

Hope this helps a little

im sure theres other ideas out there

Dont expect advice off duuny mate unless you are $$$$$ up :mrgreen: hes going to be the next big thing in green keeping :smile:

Glory glory
21-07-2008, 06:35 PM
i wouldn't topdress before ya areate (tyne, drill, verti-drain). doesn't make sense to me

Glory glory
21-07-2008, 06:36 PM
unless ya gunna topdress the green twice

platinum
21-07-2008, 09:00 PM
thanks for the info

would it be the same for couch and bent?

B2 ROCKET
21-07-2008, 10:18 PM
BENTS A WINTER RENO & COUCH SUMMER RENO

Perko
22-07-2008, 12:21 AM
i wouldn't topdress before ya areate (tyne, drill, verti-drain). doesn't make sense to me You dont make sense, did I say I top dressed before I cored :???: I normally core then scarrify this year I scarrified then cored, with me now

Uncle Ken
22-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Yep. ;) Ring Dunny.

psst
22-07-2008, 07:41 AM
A little bit easier for the plastic greens, only have to start up the leafblower and run around for a couple of minutes. :smile: :smile:

Glory glory
22-07-2008, 09:07 AM
A little bit easier for the plastic greens, only have to start up the leafblower and run around for a couple of minutes. :smile: :smile:

or rip it up for the third time like ocean grove and werribee to try and fix it. ohh thats if they turn up

psst
22-07-2008, 09:23 AM

or rip it up for the third time like ocean grove and werribee to try and fix it. ohh thats if they turn up

Looks like I got a bite on the fishing trip :!: :!:

Glory glory
22-07-2008, 10:10 AM

Looks like I got a bite on the fishing trip :!: :!:

when i go fishing i catch um not just get bits

PB
22-07-2008, 12:28 PM
renovation of a plastic

Leaf blow everything into the middle.
Add enough wood for a good fire
wait until a nice Friday or Saturday night
Poor small amount of fuel on & light

An enojoyable fire and solved the problem of another piece of crap.

Alternatively hire a bulldozer and start again.

lynyrd
22-07-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm with PB

:cheers:

Glory glory
22-07-2008, 05:52 PM
i wouldn't topdress before ya areate (tyne, drill, verti-drain). doesn't make sense to me You dont make sense, did I say I top dressed before I cored :???: I normally core then scarrify this year I scarrified then cored, with me now

i was answering platinums question, not yours perko

Perko
22-07-2008, 07:44 PM
[quote="Glory glory":2oaz8o9m]i wouldn't topdress before ya areate (tyne, drill, verti-drain). doesn't make sense to me You dont make sense, did I say I top dressed before I cored :???: I normally core then scarrify this year I scarrified then cored, with me now

i was answering platinums question, not yours perko[/quote:2oaz8o9m] Where did he mention top dressing? Thanks mate

Glory glory
22-07-2008, 08:36 PM
in my greenkeeping experince topdressing is part of a renovation. as it needs to be done

the thread is typical renovation

Perko
22-07-2008, 08:57 PM
in my greenkeeping experince topdressing is part of a renovation. as it needs to be done

the thread is typical renovation :???: So its your opinion then? you are not answering a question, mate you have me :???:

Glory glory
23-07-2008, 05:27 PM

the thread is typical renovation :???: So its your opinion then? you are not answering a question, mate you have me :???:

i'm lost. don't know what ya talk about here perko

Stem Weevil
23-07-2008, 06:50 PM
[quote="Glory glory":2n18bjnp]in my greenkeeping experince topdressing is part of a renovation. as it needs to be done

i'm lost. don't know what ya talk about here perko[/quote:2n18bjnp]
Think Im lost aswell. If its GG who is suggesting top dressing than I agree with him. Even if you think the green is perfectly flat, top dressing always promotes new growth. I think most greenkeepers top dress every year, some times twice.

Perko
23-07-2008, 08:28 PM
[quote="Glory glory":kjiayjnq]in my greenkeeping experince topdressing is part of a renovation. as it needs to be done

i'm lost. don't know what ya talk about here perko[/quote:kjiayjnq] Are you giving Platinum advice not to topdress before coring.

There was no question asked about should I core before top dressing
hence me saying thats your opinion not answer.

Lets forget it im losing the plot.

I thought you where adding to my firstl post

Perko
23-07-2008, 08:29 PM
[quote=Perko][quote="Glory glory":1gr5ad5w]in my greenkeeping experince topdressing is part of a renovation. as it needs to be done

i'm lost. don't know what ya talk about here perko[/quote:1gr5ad5w]
Think Im lost aswell. If its GG who is suggesting top dressing than I agree with him. Even if you think the green is perfectly flat, top dressing always promotes new growth. I think most greenkeepers top dress every year, some times twice.[/quote:1gr5ad5w] I did mention dusting