PDA

View Full Version : Market Share

colliwobbles
24-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Does anyone have any idea of the % of the Australian market share that's held by each Lawn Bowls manufacture?
Henselite
Drakes Pride
Taylor
Greenmaster
etc.

24-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Wouldn't have a clue colli, but by eye I'd say it was Expenselite 1st and daylight second

Chalks1971
24-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Wouldn't have a clue colli, but by eye I'd say it was Expenselite 1st and daylight second

I dont know about that, I see far more Greenmaster and Taylor bowls around then Henselite.

24-07-2008, 10:43 AM
That's possible Chalks. I'm seeing more and more Greenmaster and Taylor, but I reckon I still see more Expenselite than anything else.

Mind you, I play in Vic and we're a bit backwards and our greens are crap :smile: :smile: :smile:

Chalks1971
24-07-2008, 10:45 AM
That's possible Chalks. I'm seeing more and more Greenmaster and Taylor, but I reckon I still see more Expenselite than anything else.

Mind you, I play in Vic and we're a bit backwards and our greens are crap :smile: :smile: :smile:

Does that mean the majority of mexicans are using Dreamlines, or using older bowls (couldnt use as a market share indicator)?

24-07-2008, 10:49 AM

Does that mean the majority of mexicans are using Dreamlines, or using older bowls (couldnt use as a market share indicator)?
I see loads of Dreamlines and still see plenty of Classic II's as well as a smattering of ABT2000's. Havne't seen many Evo's.

I reckon you'll get a different answer at different levels of the game too. Probably not many Classic II's getting around in PD and Div 1, but there are plenty in Div 3 and below. There are more bowlers playing at that level too.

colliwobbles
24-07-2008, 10:52 AM
It would be interesting to know and it would also be an interesting statistic by state in Australia & then by Country!
Conditions will have a bearing on products sold but it could give an overall view of how well each manufacturer is servicing the bowlers needs.

pod24
24-07-2008, 11:08 AM
I can tell you that you can't get a set of Taylor SR's until October. All sold out!!! :grin: :grin:

24-07-2008, 02:59 PM
I can tell you that you can't get a set of Taylor SR's until October. All sold out!!! :grin: :grin:
There will be a flood of used ones on Ebay, mark my words :smile: :smile:

Write it down, its a good one :mrgreen:

Davo
24-07-2008, 03:01 PM
There will be a flood of used ones on Ebay, mark my words :smile: :smile:

Write it down, its a good one :mrgreen:

:i'm with stupid:

moosc
24-07-2008, 04:23 PM
I know that changing bowls can also be a club thing as well. Since making Div 1 and playing at Corawa a lot of our bowlers at Fairfield have decided to change their bowls to either dreamlines, Premiers or Taylors. :grin:

I opted for taylors vector VS before going up to Corowa and am not unhappy with that choice. My choice for going to Taylors was that I didn't like the bowls on offer by Henselite, I wanted bowls which had a profile different to that which I had previously used, such as Clasics, Classic II and ABT 2000. :grin:

Neil W

missings_easy
24-07-2008, 07:28 PM
up my way it is probably redlines (lots of sr's as well as the normal model), premiers and evo's in that order for new purchases

kiwi bowler
27-07-2008, 08:42 AM
why not survey the forum

hillsy
09-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Where i played this year i would say that Henselite were the least popular bowl, I seen heaps of Greenmaster and Almark bowls. There were plenty of Taylor as well but not as many as other two.
Although i did see one person use size 2 henselite bowls stamped 1969 could not read the model to tell you what they were, but they bent more than other bowl i have probably ever seen. And he played brilliant with them.

Paddles
09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
If you want my opinion in order but no numbers attached...
Henselite
Taylor
Greenmaster
Drakes.

Henselite particularly popular in Vic with Taylors and Greenmaster more popular the further north you go.

09-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Henselite
Taylor
Greenmaster
Drakes.

Henselite particularly popular in Vic with Taylors and Greenmaster more popular the further north you go.
Probabaly because the further north you go the more skillfull the bowler and the tougher the competition therefore requiring superior equipment to gain an edge?

Would this be so? :smile: :smile: :smile:

sauce
10-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Henselite
Taylor
Greenmaster
Drakes.

Probabaly because the further north you go the more skillfull the bowler and the tougher the competition therefore requiring superior equipment to gain an edge?

Would this be so? :smile: :smile: :smile:

In the mens Aussie squad at the moment there are 2 Victorians, 3 New South Welshman and 1 Queenslander. Victoria were runners up in the national round robin. Not bad from a bunch of unskilled wannabes!

Glory glory
10-08-2008, 11:33 AM

was the same last year with grenmaster premiers, ya couldn't get new ones

10-08-2008, 12:43 PM
In the quest for Market Share, just how many are falling for the "Look at my pretty bowls" syndrome?

This is surely now the next phase in Bowls Marketing because all that can be done to the Bias of a bowl has been done.

Show me where a Bowls Manufacturer has come out and said "We will stand behind our manufacturing processes and we absolutely guarantee that the bowls you buy from us are as per our description as to the line they take and we also guarantee that they have a current test stamp which guarantees that they will not fail a challenge"

No, all they are worried about is putting out pretty colours now knowing that many will buy them because they "Look Good" and are really just wanting bragging rights for their mates, "Ohh look at mine, are'nt they pretty" :oops:

Also how many Manufacturers will still "Modify" bowls for their Star Performers?

How many of the Top Liners bowls, if tested against a production model, would in fact be exactly as per the described line of the "Production Model"?

I wont mention names here but a few years back I knew well one Top liner who had a set of bowls which were branded as one particular brand, but were far tighter than any others of that type, because he had them made specially for him by his sponsor.

Until someone steps in and cleans up the crap that goes on with bowls manufacture and Marketing, its just a case really of many who are buying these products are being treated as mugs and are falling for this whole marketing ploy arent they?

Commie
10-08-2008, 06:16 PM
In the quest for Market Share, just how many are falling for the "Look at my pretty bowls" syndrome?

This is surely now the next phase in Bowls Marketing because all that can be done to the Bias of a bowl has been done.

Show me where a Bowls Manufacturer has come out and said "We will stand behind our manufacturing processes and we absolutely guarantee that the bowls you buy from us are as per our description as to the line they take and we also guarantee that they have a current test stamp which guarantees that they will not fail a challenge"

No, all they are worried about is putting out pretty colours now knowing that many will buy them because they "Look Good" and are really just wanting bragging rights for their mates, "Ohh look at mine, are'nt they pretty" :oops:

Also how many Manufacturers will still "Modify" bowls for their Star Performers?

How many of the Top Liners bowls, if tested against a production model, would in fact be exactly as per the described line of the "Production Model"?

I wont mention names here but a few years back I knew well one Top liner who had a set of bowls which were branded as one particular brand, but were far tighter than any others of that type, because he had them made specially for him by his sponsor.

Until someone steps in and cleans up the crap that goes on with bowls manufacture and Marketing, its just a case really of many who are buying these products are being treated as mugs and are falling for this whole marketing ploy arent they?

Sometimes Bushy you seem overly concerned by trivial matters.

10-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Any reason why a bowl modified for some but the same service not available to others might be considered trivial :neutral:

I thought we were all supposed to have an even playing field in this game ;)

And if someone manufactures a product to a standard, surely its products should meet that standard you would think.

And besides, its a slow day :mrgreen:

Scottie
10-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Any reason why a bowl modified for some but the same service not available to others might be considered trivial :neutral:

I thought we were all supposed to have an even playing field in this game ;)

And if someone manufactures a product to a standard, surely its products should meet that standard you would think.

And besides, its a slow day :mrgreen:

Pretty much like Production Sedan Car Racing methinks.
The 'production' car that the pro races in is sure nothing like the 'identical' production car you buy off the showroom floor.