PDA

View Full Version : U18 Victoria V Tasmania

watto
09-11-2008, 09:34 PM
The RVBA Under 18 state side was announced today after the trials and the team is as follows:

Singles: Dane McKINNON (Werribee RSL)

Pairs: Dane McKINNON (Werribee RSL) And Ben McARTHUR (Webbcona)

Triples: Ethan PELL (Croydon), Chris BALL (Altona) And Mathew RENNEX (Moonee Valley)

Fours: Ben McARTHUR (Webbcona), Ethan PELL (Croydon), Chris BALL (Altona) And Mathew RENNEX (Moonee Valley)

I am 90% sure that that is the correct team but i am sorry if i am wrong, I know the players are right for sure.

Chalks1971
10-11-2008, 09:29 AM
What about Snapper?

JB
10-11-2008, 09:32 AM
good luck to Matty. ;)

10-11-2008, 11:50 AM
What about Snapper?

agreed he can make the national side but not the state side can only happen in vic :smile: :smile: :smile:

Balsamic
10-11-2008, 07:58 PM
What about Snapper?

agreed he can make the national side but not the state side can only happen in vic :smile: :smile: :smile:

Think Snapper is playing in NZ representing AUS in U18 series.
Bowler's Wife should be able to confirm.

Simmo
11-11-2008, 07:31 AM
I would like to congratulate the team selected for this series and hopefully they can come back with a win. I would like to also congratulate Ethan Pell who is playing his first game for Vic and no doubt see him there in the future again.
Keep it up boys.

Major Ball
11-11-2008, 10:35 AM
What about Snapper?

Australian Committments always take priority over state. I beleive that there is some sort of training camp prior to going to playing NZ.

Also looking at going over to Hobart to support the guys along with the Vic senior side which is playing at the same time. $89 return with Jetstar!!

JB
11-11-2008, 12:36 PM
can get 1/3 off with Tiger air before the 14th......thats if you don't enjoy your life. :???: :???:

KingOfDraw
11-11-2008, 01:19 PM
[quote=Chalks1971]What about Snapper?

Australian Committments always take priority over state. I beleive that there is some sort of training camp prior to going to playing NZ.

Also looking at going over to Hobart to support the guys along with the Vic senior side which is playing at the same time. $89 return with Jetstar!![/quote:3sr4vmc1]

There is a training camp the weekend before the series in which all Aus squad members including Spanky, Jaco & Leeroy will all be in attendance and I think it's in Brisbane somewhere.

But I believe Snapper is flying down straight from Brisbane to Hobart to play in the test series against Tassie also.
That's what I heard recently anyway.

Not sure of it's validity now though.

Chalks1971
11-11-2008, 01:25 PM
[quote=Chalks1971]What about Snapper?

Also looking at going over to Hobart to support the guys along with the Vic senior side which is playing at the same time. $89 return with Jetstar!!

There is a training camp the weekend before the series in which all Aus squad members including Spanky, Jaco & Leeroy will all be in attendance and I think it's in Brisbane somewhere.

But I believe Snapper is flying down straight from Brisbane to Hobart to play in the test series against Tassie also.
That's what I heard recently anyway.

Not sure of it's validity now though.[/quote:60fu5rbr]

Perhaps he's in the Senior side?

BTW I wasnt trying to take anything away from those selected - well done to you all.

bowlers wife
11-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Hello All,

Snapper is on national duties at time of Tassie Test. I will be in Tassie with Todd and snapper wil be in Brisbane with the national teams. All teams including Senior , under 25s and 18s will be in a lock down camp for 3 days.

This is in preparation for the Trans Tasman in March. Because snapper is new to Oz team he needs fitness , physc testing etc .....

He is spewin he cant join the boys in Tassie but unfotunately due to scheduling issues with RVBA and BA it just wasnt possible.

The RVBA junior bowls commitee also have undertaken a policy of resting one junior boy from the nationals team during the test series , so hopefully snapper can use this as his rest .

I really would like to congratulate Dane Mckinnon and Ethan Pell on there selection. Both these kids are joyous and good kids. Both have been very paitent in waiting for selection. Especially Ethan who hasnt represented the state yet. Both kids have been very supportive of the kids picked time and time again. COngrats boys ! Kick some arse down there !

Snapper will no doubt be messaging me every end to find out how his team mated are going and i better get it right. He loves the kids from the under 18 team especially Matty Rennex and will miss the friendships of the boys down there.

Its weird not being with him at camp but i guess its time for my snapper to be a big boy now. ( My parents are flying to brisbane with him and will be in general area but not at camp with him ) but i feel empty nested :-)
Whilst i am burstig with pride over my boys selection it is an uneasy time for me letting him go.

Good Luck to all the boys in Tassie , Seniors and Juniors ! Im sure they will all represent our state beautifully

Holly Simmons

Major Ball
12-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Poor Dylan...No Macdonalds Hamburgers like the boys in Tassie will be getting :) Hope he likes his salads :lol:

Looking up tickets yesterday Holly..$88 return with Jetstar.

shoom
12-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Poor Dylan...No Macdonalds Hamburgers like the boys in Tassie will be getting :) Hope he likes his salads :lol:

Major u can eat them now.

shoom
12-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Hello All,

Snapper is on national duties at time of Tassie Test. I will be in Tassie with Todd and snapper wil be in Brisbane with the national teams. All teams including Senior , under 25s and 18s will be in a lock down camp for 3 days.

This is in preparation for the Trans Tasman in March. Because snapper is new to Oz team he needs fitness , physc testing etc .....

He is spewin he cant join the boys in Tassie but unfotunately due to scheduling issues with RVBA and BA it just wasnt possible.

The RVBA junior bowls commitee also have undertaken a policy of resting one junior boy from the nationals team during the test series , so hopefully snapper can use this as his rest .

I really would like to congratulate Dane Mckinnon and Ethan Pell on there selection. Both these kids are joyous and good kids. Both have been very paitent in waiting for selection. Especially Ethan who hasnt represented the state yet. Both kids have been very supportive of the kids picked time and time again. COngrats boys ! Kick some arse down there !

Snapper will no doubt be messaging me every end to find out how his team mated are going and i better get it right. He loves the kids from the under 18 team especially Matty Rennex and will miss the friendships of the boys down there.

Its weird not being with him at camp but i guess its time for my snapper to be a big boy now. ( My parents are flying to brisbane with him and will be in general area but not at camp with him ) but i feel empty nested :-)
Whilst i am burstig with pride over my boys selection it is an uneasy time for me letting him go.

Good Luck to all the boys in Tassie , Seniors and Juniors ! Im sure they will all represent our state beautifully

Holly Simmons

Very kind words holly. Maybe u should be writing for the Age on Sunday. I could always help.

12-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Hello All,

Holly Simmons

Very kind words holly. Maybe u should be writing for the Age on Sunday. I could always help.
That would be worth buying. It might even get oz_gremlin to swap his kit kat for The Age :smile: :smile: :smile:

JB
12-11-2008, 08:36 AM
he probably does the best reviews in the world.....

bowlers wife
12-11-2008, 10:59 AM

Cheers Nackas , I have been booked on some flights for a little while now . I am going on the same qantas flight as the boys so Todd can Help me with Jett because you have seen me recently, I am too fat to be carrying a baby and my luggage.

But thanks for the thoughts , Ill see you over there

Go the Vics !

Holly

12-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Hello All,

Holly Simmons

That would be worth buying. It might even get oz_gremlin to swap his kit kat for The Age :smile: :smile: :smile:

no chance brother im pot committed to the kit-kat i forgot how tasty those suckers were l :smile: :smile: :smile:

swoosha
12-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Gday Holly,can i ask why you wouldnt travel with snapper instead of Todd?

bowlers wife
13-11-2008, 08:19 AM

No parents allowed on National Camps Swoosha !

Plus i dont think snapper wanted me hangin around whilst he was forging his new found independance.

Gave him the option and he said i should go with Todd. Also as you probably know i am 35 weeks pregnant , so if i didnt go to Tassie with Todd he would of pulled out of series too. He refuses to be absent in case i go into labour .

I think the point you were making , that do i feel sometimes torn ? Absolutely ! Like when they played off for the club singles last year. I think i cried the whole way thru the game . To see two people i love having to go head to head was horrible. They are both very fiercly competative people too..... So it makes it tough for me .

Cheers

Holly Simmons

swoosha
13-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Okay,i actually thought it might have been a BA thing not to go there with him.35 weeks..good luck,we had both of my girls at 35 weeks..all the best.

watto
16-11-2008, 06:27 PM

Plus i dont think snapper wanted me hangin around whilst he was forging his new found independance.

Gave him the option and he said i should go with Todd. Also as you probably know i am 35 weeks pregnant , so if i didnt go to Tassie with Todd he would of pulled out of series too. He refuses to be absent in case i go into labour .

I think the point you were making , that do i feel sometimes torn ? Absolutely ! Like when they played off for the club singles last year. I think i cried the whole way thru the game . To see two people i love having to go head to head was horrible. They are both very fiercly competative people too..... So it makes it tough for me .

Cheers

Holly Simmons

Just wondering Holly, who ended up winning that game out of them 2 greats :cool:

bowlers wife
20-11-2008, 05:34 PM

Cheers

Holly Simmons

Just wondering Holly, who ended up winning that game out of them 2 greats :cool:

Snapper ..... 24/25 ! Great Game !

watto
20-11-2008, 09:59 PM
[quote=swoosha]Gday Holly,can i ask why you wouldnt travel with snapper instead of Todd?

Cheers

Holly Simmons

Snapper ..... 24/25 ! Great Game ![/quote:fbt00ii9]

wow.. go dylan :mad:
im guessing that was the talk at the dinner table that night :smile:

Major Ball
20-11-2008, 10:29 PM
[quote=swoosha]Gday Holly,can i ask why you wouldnt travel with snapper instead of Todd?

Cheers

Holly Simmons

Snapper ..... 24/25 ! Great Game !

wow.. go dylan :mad:
im guessing that was the talk at the dinner table that night :smile:[/quote:3uz7tjgq]

At 24-24 I would have said something to my sons if you draw the shot here you dont get dinner tonight :lol: :lol:

backhand_smack
13-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Vics just go down in there battle with Tas.

After 3 tests it was level with all tests being split two all. After 3 days play it come down to the last couple of ends to decide the result. Unfortunatly for the Big V the lads just went down level on tests but shots differance was Tas 234 to Vic 230.

Great effort from the boys in a series that could of gone either way.