PDA

View Full Version : Small/ladies bowls

deeje
26-11-2008, 12:30 PM
I have spent the good part of yesterday and all this morning making calls and sending off emails...

And why am I doing this??

I am trying to get a set of size 1 bowls, prefer Greenmaster Premier or the Henselite ABT EVO... but in Pink or that light blue with white speckle. I have sinse found out Henselite dont do pink and they don't do the speckle in anything under size 3... Is that correct??

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that can guide me in the right direction. These bowls are as a present and I need them on or before 5thDec. Can anyone give me some advice?

The type of bowl does not necessarily need to be of these makes but something that has a tight... ish... line and size 1 in a girly colour (pink, a light speckle or maybe a pastel colour???) and they must have grips.

I know that is a lot but thought it wouldn't be hard to find.. Maybe not looking in the right places?

Any suggestions welcome. pm me if need be or post a reply on the thread

Commie
26-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Henselite does Tiger II in size 2 speckled, but that's the smallest.
Try www.greenmaster.com.au (http://www.greenmaster.com.au) They may have something in size 1 pink.

deeje
26-11-2008, 12:52 PM
thanks commie, yeh tried that. they dont stock the pink anymore. Told they are not popular enough to keep. Couldn't get a straight answer on whether or not they are even made in pink any more from the uk (im guessing they are made in the uk??)

New question then.... Does anyone know who to contact for bowls over in the uk? Or if anyone that might still have some in stock in australia? I only have a 10day time frame to work with here.

Chalks1971
26-11-2008, 12:56 PM
thanks commie, yeh tried that. they dont stock the pink anymore. Told they are not popular enough to keep. Couldn't get a straight answer on whether or not they are even made in pink any more from the uk (im guessing they are made in the uk??)

New question then.... Does anyone know who to contact for bowls over in the uk? Or if anyone that might still have some in stock in australia? I only have a 10day time frame to work with here.

Forget the pink, go with the speckles, the women love them. That should at least get you on the right scent.

26-11-2008, 12:56 PM

Deeje, from my research in this area it is likely you won't find a retailer in UK that stocks GM Premiers or the Evo. Too tight for their outside greens.

deeje
26-11-2008, 02:03 PM
yep...... this is feeling impossible. looking through a couple stores over there, as you were saying, no evos and no prems or powers. one site had the prems and powers but the smallest they had was size 3 and they were not in the colours i wanted anyway...

anyone have any local options? I am keen to get the pink ones, but have widened my search to orange (god knows why she wants orange) or a nice speckle. prefer white speckle or white background with another girly colour as the speckle. The type of bowl is not too important so long as it is sort of tight, equivalent to a preier....

farmer
26-11-2008, 03:29 PM
yep...... this is feeling impossible. looking through a couple stores over there, as you were saying, no evos and no prems or powers. one site had the prems and powers but the smallest they had was size 3 and they were not in the colours i wanted anyway...

anyone have any local options? I am keen to get the pink ones, but have widened my search to orange (god knows why she wants orange) or a nice speckle. prefer white speckle or white background with another girly colour as the speckle. The type of bowl is not too important so long as it is sort of tight, equivalent to a preier....

deeje Paradise Bowls (Sunshine Coast Queensland) Bowls Shop have Demo set Yellow Premier's or new Orange Taylor SR's in stock now.

Leah059
29-11-2008, 02:59 AM

deeje Paradise Bowls (Sunshine Coast Queensland) Bowls Shop have Demo set Yellow Premier's or new Orange Taylor SR's in stock now.

Hi
I am also still looking for some Dreamliners Size 1
I dont care what color. Was told Black is best for a
beginner as you dont want to stand out and show
your mistakes. They have lots of faith in my bowling.
Nottttt. :)
Leah

Leah059
29-11-2008, 03:09 AM

Hi
I am also still looking for some Dreamliners Size 1
I dont care what color. Was told Black is best for a
beginner as you dont want to stand out and show
your mistakes. They have lots of faith in my bowling.
Nottttt. :)
Leah

http://www.greenmaster.com.au/Products_Bowls.asp

POWER

Designed to have the kindest line possible, the "POWER" gives more control and is ideally suited for the quicker greens. Atight-line bowl with a straighter finish.

Available in COLOURED only. Sizes 00 to 5.

I saw a very pale pink in their colours

It also says you can customise your own bowls.

Have a look. They dont show the second hand ones damn it.

Leah

deeje
29-11-2008, 04:00 AM
thanks Leah. Ya, its been difficult to get a set. Everyone has discontinued their pink bowls, including Greenmaster so it is what they have left on the shelves that I can pick from. Called all bowls shops in australia and only got 4 sets to choose from, though none of them have dimples so that makes it worse.

Goodluck with the coloured size 1's for dreamline bowls. I found that it is difficult to get any colour in size 1's without first ordering them.

But if you don't need them in a hurry just put an order in.

Dave Holt from Bowlsworld has been great in trying to find bowls for me. Give him an email sometime as I'm sure he can help you with what ever you are after. His email is

sales@sydneybowls.com.au

Hope that helps

Leah059
29-11-2008, 10:25 AM
thanks Leah. Ya, its been difficult to get a set. Everyone has discontinued their pink bowls, including Greenmaster so it is what they have left on the shelves that I can pick from. Called all bowls shops in australia and only got 4 sets to choose from, though none of them have dimples so that makes it worse.

Goodluck with the coloured size 1's for dreamline bowls. I found that it is difficult to get any colour in size 1's without first ordering them.

Dave Holt from Bowlsworld has been great in trying to find bowls for me. Give him an email sometime as I'm sure he can help you with what ever you are after. His email is

sales@sydneybowls.com.au

Hope that helps

Thanks will do. Good Luck in your search.

Leah

missings_easy
29-11-2008, 09:04 PM

sales@sydneybowls.com.au

Hope that helps

Leah
try fred fern it's not fred any more but it's on the net under fred fern
give them a ring
i was in there this mornig and saw a few small size bowls
they may have one for you
:smile:

Leah059
29-11-2008, 10:20 PM

sales@sydneybowls.com.au

Hope that helps

Leah
try fred fern it's not fred any more but it's on the net under fred fern
give them a ring
i was in there this mornig and saw a few small size bowls
they may have one for you
:smile:

Thanks missing_easy - I will try them.

Leah