PDA

View Full Version : Jnr tournament at Cobram

dunny
30-11-2008, 06:49 AM
The Cobram Barooga Accommodation Group

Tungamah Police Citizens Youth Club

Central Murray Credit Union Limited & Cobram Bowling Club

In conjunction Sponsor the third Annual Edward (Ted) King MemorialQuadripartite Junior Bowls TournamentTo be held at the Cobram Bowling ClubSaturday 3rd & Sunday 4th January 2009
Conditions of Entry: Male or Female Bowlers 17 years & under during the Entire Tournament. Players do not have to be affiliated with an Association.Attire: Players to wear Bowling attire, or School Sports Uniform with flat soled shoes & Supply their own Bowls & other equipment ( chalk, measures etc.)Quadripartite Format: Each team to consist of FOUR players. Players will then play in the
following events: Singles & Triples (concurrent), 2 Pairs teams (concurrent)& Fours.NB: Teams of Four preferred but organisers will accept any number & match them into teams.Accommodation: Players & Supporters to arrange their own Accommodation.Meals for Participants: Will be included in Entry Fees for Lunch & Afternoon Tea.PRIzE MONEY & PERPETUAL SHIELD: $1,800-00 Daily Singles, Pairs, Triples & Fours Winners + Certificate to all entrants.Runners Up with major Trophy & Perpetual Shield going to Overall Winning Team.

entry form can be found at http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page ... 5964-0-0-0 (http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-5964-0-0-0)

TynanCorless
25-01-2009, 05:56 PM
was a good tournament and i thank all participants and organisers who did a great job in running it. i had a lot of fun and to top it off came home runners up :lol: .
look forward to next year

dunny
25-01-2009, 06:11 PM
was a good tournament and i thank all participants and organisers who did a great job in running it. i had a lot of fun and to top it off came home runners up :lol: .
look forward to next yearglad u enjoyed it and look foward to your return next year.

Phil N. Groovy
29-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Well, it that time of there year when we start thinking about up coming events, and the TED KING Quaddy is definately on again.

January 2 & 3 2010 at Cobram. With Dunny on the job, the greens will be running superbly.

We are hoping that most junior squads would participate. Its a great time for all those that have been before and travel to other junior tournaments to catch up, and for those coming for the first time...everyone makes you most welcome.

The format will be the same, with fours, singles, triples and pairs played over the two days.

Those who have been before know that the prize moeny is generous and is shared around, with best game winners etc.

The 2010 entry form is not out at this stage, but wont be far away, but those wanting more information can call me on (03) 57 48 5508.

To those that ordered DVD's last year...Adrian has had trouble with his video transfer equipment and also listing the participants names. Hopefully it will be completed very soon and will be out for you to watch and remind you of the 2010 TED KING.

obie29
29-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Well, it that time of there year when we start thinking about up coming events, and the TED KING Quaddy is definately on again.

January 2 & 3 2010 at Cobram. With Dunny on the job, the greens will be running superbly.

We are hoping that most junior squads would participate. Its a great time for all those that have been before and travel to other junior tournaments to catch up, and for those coming for the first time...everyone makes you most welcome.

The format will be the same, with fours, singles, triples and pairs played over the two days.

Those who have been before know that the prize moeny is generous and is shared around, with best game winners etc.

The 2010 entry form is not out at this stage, but wont be far away, but those wanting more information can call me on (03) 57 58 5508.

To those that ordered DVD's last year...Adrian has had trouble with his video transfer equipment and also listing the participants names. Hopefully it will be completed very soon and will be out for you to watch and remind you of the 2010 TED KING.

g'day mate just looking at those dates u have there. there is an Victorian test series on starting on the sunday against SA. i would love to come it has been a great touney. but there is every chance that my mate(S) and i that normally come could be playing for the state. so just have a look at those dates

Phil N. Groovy
29-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Obie, yeah, it is a bit of a problem.

We would love to be able to cater to everyone, but unfortunately there is a log jam of tournaments including junior events around that time, due to trying to sqeeze them in between the pennant break.

The tests usually involve about 5 players from both the boys and girls sides. We would love to have those quality bowlers taking part in our prestigious event. To those ten players that make those sides, well done, but they will just have to miss out on the Ted King.

But the 100's of other junior bowlers that are registered in Victoria and beyond can still enter, and show their wares, and maybe they will miss out the following year by pushing for state selection.

Plumage
29-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Good Call Phil :cool:
Obie , You ARE Going To Be A Champ Big Fella ....
Just Put Up With Playing For The State :shock: :cheers:
(water in them pots ) ;)

obie29
30-05-2009, 11:52 PM
fair enough then. my entry might be in a bit later this

Phil N. Groovy
23-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Tungamah Police Citizens Youth Club
Central Murray Credit Union Limited & Cobram Bowling Club
In conjunction Sponsor the third Annual
Edward (Ted) King Memorial
Quadripartite Junior Bowls Tournament
To be held at the Cobram Bowling Club
Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd January 2010

Conditions of Entry: Male or Female Bowlers 17 years & under during the Entire Tournament. Players do not have to be affiliated with an Association.

Attire: Players to wear Bowling attire, or School Sports Uniform with flat soled shoes & supply their own Bowls & other equipment (chalk, measures etc.)

Quadripartite Format: Each team to consist of FOUR players. Players will then play in the following events: Singles & Triples (concurrent), 2 Pairs teams (concurrent) & Fours.

NB: Teams of Four preferred but organisers will accept any number & match them into teams.

Accommodation: Players & Supporters to arrange their own Accommodation.

Meals for Participants: Will be included in Entry Fees for Lunch & Afternoon Tea.

PRIzE MONEY & PERPETUAL SHIELD: $1,800-00
Daily Singles, Pairs, Triples & Fours Winners + Certificate to all entrants.

Runners Up with major Trophy & Perpetual Shield going to Overall Winning Team.

ENTRY FORM
Entries Close 7 Pm Friday 11th December 2009

Team Contact: Name:…………………………................................... ......... Ph:…..…………………. e-mail ……………………………………………………..
Postal Address: …………………………………..………………………………… …………………………………………………………………….. P.Code ………...

Player 1……………………………………………………Position………….……..
Phone Number…………………………Email………………………………………
Playing Experience…………..yrs. Club…………………………………………..

Player 2……………………………………………………Position………….……..

Player 3……………………………………………………Position………….……..

Player 4……………………………………………………Position………….……..

ENTRY FEES: Paid with entry form: $80-00 per team (Includes Meals)
($20-00 per Player)
ENTRIES TO: Bruce Ferry (“Kraze” Sec. Tres. Org) P.O.Box 119, Finley. NSW. 2713
Fax: 0358 832256 Phone: 0358 831412 E-mail: bfe37550@bigpond.net.au

Phil N. Groovy
23-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Dont forget Barooga's Under 19 Singles Tournament which again will be run by Geoff MITCHELL, I believe.

Geoff's idea was to move the Under 19 tournament to the Monday following The Ted King.

obie29
03-08-2009, 12:54 AM
Dont forget Barooga's Under 19 Singles Tournament which again will be run by Geoff MITCHELL, I believe.

Geoff's idea was to move the Under 19 tournament to the Monday following The Ted King.

i think that would be a very good idea!!

Phil N. Groovy
25-08-2009, 10:54 AM
By now most people would have received their DVD's of the 2009 "Ted King".

I know it was a long time coming,but it does make for a great keepsake of the event and brings back a lot of memories.

The open sequence and music is a crack up and then of course the mini-cyclone!

Dont forget to get your teams organised for the 2010 "Ted King". The entry form is available on this thread or the Murray Kraze Website.

Don't forget Geoff Mitchell is taking entries for the Under 19 Singles at Barooga to be held the day after the "Ted King".

Cheers!

Balsamic
28-08-2009, 08:58 AM
By now most people would have received their DVD's of the 2009 "Ted King".I know it was a long time coming,but it does make for a great keepsake of the event and brings back a lot of memories.

The open sequence and music is a crack up and then of course the mini-cyclone!

Dont forget to get your teams organised for the 2010 "Ted King". The entry form is available on this thread or the Murray Kraze Website.

Don't forget Geoff Mitchell is taking entries for the Under 19 Singles at Barooga to be held the day after the "Ted King".

Cheers!

Still waiting for our copy Phil N Groovy

Phil N. Groovy
03-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Balsamic,

I have sent you a personal message with Adrian's contact details, so hopefully that resolves the problem.

Cheers!

Balsamic
09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Balsamic,

I have sent you a personal message with Adrian's contact details, so hopefully that resolves the problem.

Cheers!

Contacted Adrian and received DVD yesterday
Thanks

BW

Phil N. Groovy
07-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Closing Date for entries is almost upon us......

ENTRY FORM
Entries Close 7 Pm Friday 11th December 2009

Team Contact: Name:…………………………................................... ......... Ph:…..…………………. e-mail ……………………………………………………..
Postal Address: …………………………………..………………………………… …………………………………………………………………….. P.Code ………...

Player 1……………………………………………………Position………….……..

Player 2……………………………………………………Position………….……..

Player 3……………………………………………………Position………….……..

Player 4……………………………………………………Position………….……..

ENTRY FEES: Paid with entry form: $80-00 per team (Includes Meals)
($20-00 per Player)
ENTRIES TO: Bruce Ferry (“Kraze” Sec. Tres. Org) P.O.Box 119, Finley. NSW. 2713
Fax: 0358 832256 Phone: 0358 831412 E-mail: bfe37550@bigpond.net.au

obie29
08-12-2009, 12:30 AM
hi phil just confirming the closing date for the touney. on the entry from in "tournament information" it has it as friday the 18th of december?

Phil N. Groovy
06-01-2010, 08:47 AM
It was a bit sad and disappointing that the Ted King Memorial Tournament was not able to go on at Cobram, due to lack of entries. This has been a good tournament over the years. The format offers plenty of variation with players having to decide the make-up of their sides in each format, what strategies might work in each format, where to play their strengths and to realise any weaknesses.

It is also a good catch up from people from all over. And there is also good prize money on offer.

It has been proposed that this event be re-scheduled to another date. But with only so many days in the year and other tournaments, training days, tests, parents schedules, family commitments, other sporting commitments, it isn't easy to squeeze in and it's certainly impossible to please everybody.

Let's hear some suggestions for a new date, and also lets find out what other sports or commitments each player has so that people can get an idea to maximise participation.

Also, how did you find out about the Ted King Tournament? A flyer at the club? Your Junior Squad Co-ordinator, internet or email? Text? What works best for YOU to be notified about such events?

obie29
24-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Found a new date yet?