PDA

View Full Version : The Good and the Bad Greens. Where Are They?

01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Well we all see em, both good and bad, so where are they?

Is there an outstanding green in your area?

Tell us where and even name the person responsible for this fine example of Greenkeeping :cool:

And if there's a green that should be avoided, tell us as well ;)

East Maitlands 2 Tifts and the Carpet are great if youre travelling to the Hunter region sometime and want a game. :cool:

Swifty
01-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Come west and visit Osborne Park. Excellent greens prepared by our master greenkeeper Richard Cox.

For the worst I have played on recently, the carpet at Rockingham would win hands down. The number of twists and turns my bowls took made me think I was Mick Molloy in "Crackerjack", bowling the flipper. :shock: :shock: :shock:

kosbar
01-12-2008, 07:05 PM
I have played on some top class greens this season -- Ringwood, Kew Heights and Rosanna.
Got a game scheduled for Thornbury coming up -- horror reports about the vegetable patch there. One club reported it ran 7 secs in a recent Night Pennant game, with most of the players have sore arms from hurling up the bowls.

Perko
01-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Look forward to playing at Ivanhoe this Saturday.

Played on a green that had more tram tracks than the Moonee Ponds junction yesterday terrible

01-12-2008, 08:06 PM
best green i have played on by far was Sunbury
also burden parks tiffy was awesome.

havent played on a bad green as yet this year.

shoom
02-12-2008, 09:20 AM

Played on a green that had more tram tracks than the Moonee Ponds junction yesterday terrible

Very true perko. How good did the front green look. It was like comparing Angelina Jolie to that sheila in the Drew Carrey Show.

KingOfDraw
02-12-2008, 09:24 AM

Very true perko. How good did the front green look. It was like comparing Angelina Jolie to that sheila in the Drew Carrey Show.

So you played on the Mimi green did ya ???

PB
02-12-2008, 09:25 AM
I have played on some top class greens this season -- Ringwood, Kew Heights and Rosanna.
Got a game scheduled for Thornbury coming up -- horror reports about the vegetable patch there. One club reported it ran 7 secs in a recent Night Pennant game, with most of the players have sore arms from hurling up the bowls.

The reports I have heard from some of the guys in Darebin's 3rd & 4th side are similar to this as they have to play there home games there.

shoom
02-12-2008, 09:26 AM

So you played on the Mimi green did ya ???

Yes Lalor played their club pairs on the jolie green.

Perko
14-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Front green at Moonee Valley was sensational last Thursday.

And so was the the 3rd and skip in the 4s against ? in the Mayrol Trophy