PDA

View Full Version : Henselite Special Deals

Scottie
24-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I just noticed the advert in the WA Jack-Hi magazine - advertising a $45 to $60 saving when you purchase either 'Midnight' or 'Ruby Rich' speckle bowls as the 'colour price' (whatever that is).

AND you receive a $50 cashback.

"thats' up to $110 total saving!" (according to the advert).

Then in fine print:
"Offer valid on Henselite and Ruby Rich
bowls only. WA orders must be placed by 30 January
2009. Available in ABT-evo and Dreamline,
sizes 2, 3 and 4. Limited stocks. Not available
in conjunction with any other offer."

In larger print:
"How to redeem your cashback offer
Once you have purchased the bowls, simply send a copy of your purchase receipt with your completed Guarantee Registration Card
in an envelope addressed to Cashback at Henselite (Australia) Pty Ltd, Reply Paid 197, Fairfield, Vic 3078. No stamp needed.
Allow 6 - 8 weeks to receive your Cashback cheque. All WA claims must be received before 13 March 2009."

Sounds like Henselite are stuck with a swag of Dreamlines and Evos no that they are flogging the SR's

Very interesting who you forward your resume to.

papabear
24-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Same offer in the Vic mag re the bowls but the closing date was 12 Dec (I think) with refunds by 12th Feb (I think) Hmmmmm :twisted:

kakadu
29-12-2008, 11:03 AM
From memory a year or so ago henselite were left with a heap of bowls after a dispute with almark(remember) and now i see a lot of promotions in Queensland for a NEW evo southern(has the penny dropped yet? .Oh and merry xmas and happy new year papa and mutts, and is keiths friday on this week jan 2?

Budda
03-01-2009, 08:08 PM
From memory a year or so ago henselite were left with a heap of bowls after a dispute with almark(remember) and now i see a lot of promotions in Queensland for a NEW evo southern(has the penny dropped yet? .Oh and merry xmas and happy new year papa and mutts, and is keiths friday on this week jan 2?

Kakadu,

Henselite are distributing the Almarks Bowls from Melbourne now, they just taken the contract back from Sydney Bowls centre and doing it themselves. They were always making them, but had no control over the selling price that SBC were selling them for.

In regards to the Southern Evo's, not sure why they would be trying to sell them in QLD as they more suited to Vic, Tas and SA as they have more finish than the Genuine Evo for slower southern States.
The Evo would be better suited to QLD than the Southern.

Surprised there are any Southerns left for sale anyway as The Bowlers Den Boys here in SA i gathered bought the supply up and are flogging them here with colours cheaper or same price as Black in any other Henselite Model.

I believe the Bowlers Den here are selling via Ebay Black at $389 + Postage and $480 Coloured + postage.

As Bushy would say lower your prices then they may sell some of their excess stock on most in their range. At the moment with another price rise in December Henselite are Dearer than the imports AGAIN!!!! Retail prices are awful so no wonder they offering cashback on certain models to clear them out.

03-01-2009, 08:21 PM
When, as a retailer, you only have an $80 markup on a set of bowls, and you are competing with a heap of backyarders flogging bowls to their mates, its pretty hard to make money out of Bowls as a retailer.

However the "Tax Free" lurks and perks the backyarder gets make it easy for them to flog bowls to anyone "Cash in hand"

Doesnt happen you say :shock:

We dont agree with naming names on here do we, "they havent got the right of reply" :smile: :smile:

However Bowls are well and truly overpriced in this country.

Which manufacturer here sell their bowls on the UK market at least a third cheaper than they sell here?

Another reason why many would never use their bowls, not when they are ripping bowlers in this country off. :neutral:

Budda
03-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Bushy yes it happens. It most certainly does. I guess you need to look at a UK site and go through the order process to see what it costs for Postage from UK back here.

But yes there are others out there who do pocket good $$ for large sales numbers i guess. 1 So much so he has made 2 businesses and a web business from his humble beginning. I think you know who i am talking about also? Some one who had you banned from the SA site at 1 stage for similar comments lol.

The UK based manufacturers save on postage by delivering hundreds of sets at one time by doing an air freight deal back here in a container i believe.
Order 1 set from UK and then do the Pound to Dollar exchange it not quite as good as you think.
I have seen in the past postage quotes of $70UKPounds which under our old exchange rate was $200AUD. It may be better now, but it not as good as you think.
I just looked at a Set of Almarks on a UK web site and they $154 Pound against Dreamlines at $195 P, i can see no reason why they are this far apart as they come from same factory and use same material to make so yes this is a rip off for their own brand as stated as both are their brand anyway.
Maybe this is their way of recouping $$ after buying out Tiger turf UK a little while ago? Who knows?

The internet is the way nowadays Bushy. Every state has online Bowls shops even some retailers have set them up because they know they are getting burnt otherwise.

Most of what i buy i buy for myself or my brother anyway not to on sell anyway pal.

Taz devil
11-02-2009, 03:46 PM
It's been like ages since I was here and no I ain't dead yet...lol

About these Henselite special deals. One guy here, no names mentioned, was advertising any Dreamline or Evo, any colour, speckled or not for $510. Yep $510.

hillsy
13-02-2009, 12:45 PM
$510 is a great price, the best price i have seen for evo's is $570 and i thought that was good.

noddy
16-02-2009, 09:51 PM
$510 is a great price, the best price i have seen for evo's is $570 and i thought that was good.

Have bought 3 sets of bowls over the last three years and all delivered within 3 days..

:get outa here:

Taz devil
17-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Have bought 3 sets of bowls over the last three years and all delivered within 3 days..

Lucky you I have been waiting for three months for mine to arrive and the finally got here last Thursday.