PDA

View Full Version : Skinny Wheel Chair Tyres - How to fix?

Noodles
23-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Hoping for a bit of advice. I have a friend who is in a wheel chair and he's been playing night pennant for a neighbouring club for a few years. His home club allow him to play but he's having problems being allowed on some other greens in town due to the fact his tyres are too skinny. I'm after some advice on the easiest way to fix this problem. Who to contact? How much will new wheels or whatever is required cost? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Keith Maniac
23-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Hoping for a bit of advice. I have a friend who is in a wheel chair and he's been playing night pennant for a neighbouring club for a few years. His home club allow him to play but he's having problems being allowed on some other greens in town due to the fact his tyres are too skinny. I'm after some advice on the easiest way to fix this problem. Who to contact? How much will new wheels or whatever is required cost? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Kosbar would be the man to ask. Send him a PM. :cool:

Noodles
23-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Will do, thanks Keith.

Commie
23-01-2009, 03:03 PM
As a former motocross/enduro rider, I'd say reduce tyre pressure. Reduced tyre pressure widens the tyre contact and spreads the load.

23-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Can you get "wrap-arounds" for the skinny tyre like you can/could get for golf buggies when some golf courses banned skinny tyres?

JB
23-01-2009, 03:21 PM
sunnies?

23-01-2009, 03:29 PM
sunnies?
That's right :smile: You stick a pair of sunnies on your wheels and it gives them a wider tread

Goose :mad:

JB
23-01-2009, 03:33 PM
sunnies?
That's right :smile: You stick a pair of sunnies on your wheels and it gives them a wider tread

Goose :mad:

sometime you've just gotta thank the comedy gods! :smile: :smile:

boz
23-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Yep you can get "slicks" for your wheel chairs.

Just contact wheel chair sports in your state and they will give you all of the retaillers in your area. :cool:

Phantom
23-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Use some dump mats.

Phantom

mrmagoo
23-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Slicks are the go. They just go over the existing tyre in about 5 seconds. Even the "RVBA"! may be able to get you a set cheap.

boz
23-01-2009, 08:50 PM
If you are lucky enough to be zoned in an area where the local member is in a marginal seat you could send them a sob story and get them out to present you with a free set of slicks, just make sure they know the local papers will be involved.

Worked for us, got a new scarafying (or however you spell it) machine for nothing out of Kym Richardson just before he got bundled out. :smile: