PDA

View Full Version : Switching To Premiers?

Robbo
29-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I bought a set of EP's earlier this year & I'm struggling a tad with predicting the hook finish at the end of its run.

I'm now seriously considering purchasing Premiers as I hear on this forum about the consitency & predictability of their draw line, which is something that is lacking with the EP's.

I know its been done to death, but I would like to hear from people that use Premiers & those that may have ditched the EP's because of their finish.

Commie
29-11-2007, 10:12 AM
I bought a set of EP's earlier this year & I'm struggling a tad with predicting the hook finish at the end of its run.

I'm now seriously considering purchasing Premiers as I hear on this forum about the consitency & predictability of their draw line, which is something that is lacking with the EP's.

I know its been done to death, but I would like to hear from people that use Premiers & those that may have ditched the EP's because of their finish.

Have not heard of a single person in that category. :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

Willo
29-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I know of people who have gone from premiers to EP's but not the other way round. Hook finish?? Seems abit strange to me.I would never describe the EP's as having a hook finish.

29-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I believe one case in point may be the forums newest celebrity bowler who recently had a "Major" victory of sorts at Numurkah :cool:
Is this true Davo ;)
Great bowls them Premiers :lol:

Davo
29-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Correct Bushy, i jumped on the Premier bandwagon when I got back from Deni Pairs. I just found the EP turned a bit too much on our quicker tift-dwarf greens. We rarely play on greens below 14.5secs up here. The EP is still a good bowl & i'd still use the EP if I lived & played in Melbourne. :mrgreen:

Commie
29-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Correct Bushy, i jumped on the Premier bandwagon when I got back from Deni Pairs. I just found the EP turned a bit too much on our quicker tift-dwarf greens. We rarely play on greens below 14.5secs up here. The EP is still a good bowl & i'd still use the EP if I lived & played in Melbourne. :mrgreen:

Then I'd recommend the Edge. That's why I have mine. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Davo
29-11-2007, 01:26 PM

Then I'd recommend the Edge. That's why I have mine. :cool: :cool: :cool:

And many are doing just what you recommend Commie. :cool: The Edge is flavour of the month up here, many have bought them & many want a set but can't get 'em at the moment due to the problems between Almark & Henselite.

tomScro
03-12-2007, 05:46 PM
I tried out a set of edge plus and rolled them with my classic 2s.
The plus were taking as much grass as my classic 2s, similar hook as well.
I ended up with a set of edge bowls.

tomScro
03-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Re, the premiers.
I was very close to getting a set as my wide drawing set however I have kept my classic 2s for that job.
I don't really want a bowl that hooks, that's why i like the premiers however i can't justify the cost so i stick to my classic 2s.
If i didn't own the c 2s i would probably choose premiers.

Glory glory
03-12-2007, 08:54 PM
i have edge plus and premiers

think n of using the premiers on yarra/foots big grass taken greens next saturday, especially if they fast

hey don't get me wrong i like the ep, by the way my ep aren't hookie

Robbo
03-12-2007, 09:05 PM

think n of using the premiers on yarra/foots big grass taken greens next saturday, especially if they fast

hey don't get me wrong i like the ep, by the way my ep aren't hookie

GG, if my EPs' didnt hook I would be keeping them too. Like the feel in the hand & the way they stand up with weight, but even my skip doesn't know how they'll finish, which makes it hard on both of us, because I can't predict that. And if he calls for a trail it's almost impossible to stay with the jack.

Robbo
06-12-2007, 09:29 PM
After 2 roll ups with the premier demos, I'm ordering the red speckle in 3H tomorrow. See if I can get a trade in on my Drakes Inters (stamped 2010) any ideas on what they're worth?

Got the line real quick & love the consistent draw. Also like the way they nearly always fall over at the end. Just need to practice the weighted shots....seem to turn a fraction earlier than the EP's.

Thanks for the input guys & especially Davo whom I have had a few PM's with lately.

Perko
07-12-2007, 12:29 AM

hey don't get me wrong i like the ep, by the way my ep aren't hookieyour eps have a nice line GG, after seeing them would consider using a set if I was to change, but have no intentions of changing though

Dogsy
11-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey guys, looking at a set of bowls on ebay. Greenmaster premiers. I note there is a photo with "Premier power" written on the bowl. Is there a difference between Premier powers and premiers?? Or are they the same bowls??

11-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey guys, looking at a set of bowls on ebay. Greenmaster premiers. I note there is a photo with "Premier power" written on the bowl. Is there a difference between Premier powers and premiers?? Or are they the same bowls??
Premier Power are the first release Powers dogsy
If your greens run constantly at 15 plus they would be ok
If not, save your money ;)

Glory glory
12-12-2007, 01:17 PM
After 2 roll ups with the premier demos, I'm ordering the red speckle in 3H tomorrow. See if I can get a trade in on my Drakes Inters (stamped 2010) any ideas on what they're worth?

Got the line real quick & love the consistent draw. Also like the way they nearly always fall over at the end. Just need to practice the weighted shots....seem to turn a fraction earlier than the EP's.

Thanks for the input guys & especially Davo whom I have had a few PM's with lately.

my premiers are red speckled, with black

Dogsy
12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Cheers Bushy, I actually just read an article from Greenmaster explaining that they changed the name from Premier Power to "Power" for the very reason, people were getting confused. Cheers for the info mate.

From what I can gather from most forums, EP's and Premiers are the way to go.