PDA

View Full Version : 23 years and 9 months

Glory glory
05-04-2009, 04:02 PM
one melbourne greenie after serving the club for 23 years and 9 months (full time). was not given a decent send off, no handshake or fairwell, not even there on the day he finished to say goodbye. no written reference.

what a disgrace this is, have some clubs turned into *&^%$$#^*((&%#!

do i need to mention the club. you guess

JB
05-04-2009, 05:54 PM
for my sake, yes.

Commie
05-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Is it a club that begins with a B. ;) ;) ;)

hiho
05-04-2009, 06:55 PM
this has happened more than once and it will happen again. bowling clubs are weak if they aren't happy, or someone in a high enough position gets the greenkeeper in the gun they work behind greenkeepers back to get rid of him. they expect greenkeeper to be there everyday and only live to prepare greens then pay them peanuts.

Chalks1971
05-04-2009, 06:59 PM
this has happened more than once and it will happen again. bowling clubs are weak if they aren't happy, or someone in a high enough position gets the greenkeeper in the gun they work behind greenkeepers back to get rid of him. they expect greenkeeper to be there everyday and only live to prepare greens then pay them peanuts.

Isnt that standard? We've already determined greeneeping is a lifestyle, not a job.

hiho
05-04-2009, 07:12 PM
that's right it is a lifestyle but when some greekeepers give so much they at least deserve the club to be upfront with them. most times someone hears the club isn't happy with the greenkeeper ( them ) its when some big mouth member approaches another greenkeeper

Glory glory
05-04-2009, 07:13 PM

Isnt that standard? We've already determined greeneeping is a lifestyle, not a job.

understanding the issue is obviously above ya chalks. no good trying to explain ya won't understand

Chalks1971
05-04-2009, 07:14 PM

understanding the issue is obviously above ya chalks. no good trying to explain ya won't understand

Yep!

JB
05-04-2009, 09:55 PM

howdy hiho, welcome to the boards.

i find your statement quite amusing. this happens in EVERY workplace where there is a clash of personalities or where jousting for positions is present. you wanna try working for a company where there is over 600 people onsite.....

hiho
06-04-2009, 10:31 PM
HI JB
IF A DISMISSED GREENKEEER HAD OF BEEN WORKING IN A COMPANY OF OVER 600 HE MIGHT HAVE GROUNDS UNDER THE LAW FOR UNFAIR DISMISSAL. AND IN THE BIG COMPANY YES PEOPLE BACK STAB ,BUT USUALLY IF YOUR BOSSES AREN'T HAPPY WITH YOUR PREFORM INDICATORS THEY LET YOU KNOW. AND IF THEY REALLY WANT TO GET RID OF YOU THEY LET YOU KNOW. THERE NO SACRED TO SAY IT AS IT IS.

JB
07-04-2009, 10:27 AM
HI JB
IF A DISMISSED GREENKEEER HAD OF BEEN WORKING IN A COMPANY OF OVER 600 HE MIGHT HAVE GROUNDS UNDER THE LAW FOR UNFAIR DISMISSAL. AND IN THE BIG COMPANY YES PEOPLE BACK STAB ,BUT USUALLY IF YOUR BOSSES AREN'T HAPPY WITH YOUR PREFORM INDICATORS THEY LET YOU KNOW. AND IF THEY REALLY WANT TO GET RID OF YOU THEY LET YOU KNOW. THERE NO SACRED TO SAY IT AS IT IS.

Unfair dismissal covers EVERY workplace in this country regardless of company size. I think, and I could be wrong here, but the "greenies brotherhood" is still alive and well and that there are some emotions’ getting in the way of some of these posts'.

Don't get me wrong; the scenario that Gg has painted is of one that is terrible and to not even receive a handshake for nearly quarter of a century of service is, well, quite despicable - but your comments about it only happening to Greenies is well off the mark, IMHO. ;)

PB
07-04-2009, 01:07 PM
All I can say about this is to get a ground swell of support inside that club going and the Committee who made the decision won't be around next year and something might be able to be done retrospectively.

If you mobilise a few memebrs you can quickly make life difficult for club committees especially at this time of year when most elections happen in May.

hiho
07-04-2009, 10:38 PM
if a company has 20 workers or less they don't need a reason to dismiss a worker under the new laws.

and your right j b it doesn't just happen to greenkeeper their is a lot of bad administrationed and managed businesses out their.