PDA

View Full Version : GRREENS

B2 ROCKET
07-04-2009, 07:38 PM
WOULD LIKE TO BRING A SUBJECT UP THAT PISSES ME OFF QUITE OFTEREN AND I THINK PISSES PROFESSIONAL GREENES AS WELL

IM A VOLUNTEER GREEN KEEPER AND ONLY BEEN BOWLING FOR 4 YEARS SAME AS THE GREEN KEEPING BUT WOULD LIKE TO SAY FEW THINGS ABOUT BOWLERS THAT THINK THEY KNOW HEAPS ABOUT GREENS & OR COMMENT ABOUT GREENS

WOULD HAVE TO SAY 90/95 % IV SEEN HAVE GOT KNOW IDEA ON HOW MUCH WORK/TIME & PASSION GOES INTO LOOKING AFTER GREENS TO BRING THEM UP WEEK IN WEEK OUT

SO IN OTHER WORDS IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THE TIME AND PUT IN THE PASSION TO LOOK AFTER A GREEN SHUT UP

IF YOU HAVE SO SO BE IT AND I DARE SAY A QUICK YAK WITH THE GREENY IN CHANGE OF THE GREEN WOULD TELL YOU WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON WITH THE GREEN

SO PULL YU HEADS IN :roll:

07-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Did somebody upset you today B2? Why the sudden outburst?

Robbo
07-04-2009, 07:57 PM
B2.....fair point. Is it a pre requisite for greenies to type like GG? :mrgreen: :smile:

B2 ROCKET
07-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Did somebody upset you today B2? Why the sudden outburst?

JUST FINALY HAD ENOUGH OF IT :cool:

Perko
07-04-2009, 08:50 PM
WOULD LIKE TO BRING A SUBJECT UP THAT PISSES ME OFF QUITE OFTEREN AND I THINK PISSES PROFESSIONAL GREENES AS WELL

IM A VOLUNTEER GREEN KEEPER AND ONLY BEEN BOWLING FOR 4 YEARS SAME AS THE GREEN KEEPING BUT WOULD LIKE TO SAY FEW THINGS ABOUT BOWLERS THAT THINK THEY KNOW HEAPS ABOUT GREENS & OR COMMENT ABOUT GREENS

WOULD HAVE TO SAY 90/95 % IV SEEN HAVE GOT KNOW IDEA ON HOW MUCH WORK/TIME & PASSION GOES INTO LOOKING AFTER GREENS TO BRING THEM UP WEEK IN WEEK OUT

SO IN OTHER WORDS IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THE TIME AND PUT IN THE PASSION TO LOOK AFTER A GREEN SHUT UP

IF YOU HAVE SO SO BE IT AND I DARE SAY A QUICK YAK WITH THE GREENY IN CHANGE OF THE GREEN WOULD TELL YOU WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON WITH THE GREEN

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Love the post B2 and know where your coming from.

It pisses me off when a club compares there greens to another clubs, yet they forget there budget is no where near theres, and they expect the same quality

hiho
07-04-2009, 09:50 PM
its a fact bowlers know everything

.a simple rule l use is if a bowler wins and says the green was poor, or a bowler loses and says the green was good take their word.

if you want to continue in this game which l hope you do invite some of these experts to help you ,they soon keep their mouth shut.

Stem Weevil
08-04-2009, 10:50 AM

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Love the post B2 and know where your coming from.

It pisses me off when a club compares there greens to another clubs, yet they forget there budget is no where near theres, and they expect the same quality
Agree Perko. Not only are the budgets of the clubs different, but lots else differ aswell. The profile of the greens change, some sand, some loam. Sprinkler systems, water availability, amount of play etc etc. Unless we know that the greens are identicle we shouldnt compare one to another.

The Edge
11-04-2009, 06:32 AM
:shock: On ya B2. I can understand how you must feel at times. All too often there is little praise forth coming, but the criticism comes very quick. It's the same as being a selector.

I'm the greens director at our club and I have told our members if they have a problem, they come and see me and not the greenkeeper. I consider myself the interface between the two parties that filters out the chaff from the wheat so the greenkeeper can get on with his job. Of course this doesn't always work, but I front those bastards who try and short cut the process. I tell them the greenkeeper only needs to hear the problem from one person and not from 15 different people after after a game. I don't want 15 people 'beating up' on my greenkeeper. That's my job. :lol:

I reckon your Greens Director is probably not doing his job properly. As a rule, all feedback concerning the greens should come through him. The only exception is when the feedback is positive. I'd be 'sticking it up' the green's director and not doing his job.

polky25
11-04-2009, 08:37 AM
hate to say it b2 but it will never change mate. bowlers r the biggest bunch of whingers and bitches i've ever come across. u either have to get used to it or find something else to do. chuckle, hope that helps...

noddy
11-04-2009, 02:41 PM
B2, have to agree with polky25, biggest bunch of whingers you will find ANYWHERE !
Tell em to stop flogging themselves and put the energy into helping, or, take over and do the lot instead..

BIG BAWLS
14-04-2009, 10:53 PM
bowlers whingers havnt met one yet in 20 years of greenkeeping :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

aswell as being thick skinned you have to partially deaf and bite ya tongue alot :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: But i have been known for small outbursts :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

PB
15-04-2009, 09:21 AM
bowlers whingers havnt met one yet in 20 years of greenkeeping :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

aswell as being thick skinned you have to partially deaf and bite ya tongue alot :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: But i have been known for small outbursts :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

With those skills BB you should become a selector as well :smile: :smile:

mrmagoo
02-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Greens Director isn't strong enuff nor is the committee for letting it happen. I am only a voly but until people shovel the siht, run the mower, brush the damn thing, core um, water them (of course too much), roll them (not enuff) decide how much and when they need everything else that needs to be done as well as have to in most cases sit back and take the crap from all and sundry that have been bowling for ten days or more in their life without any idea of what it really takes to see those first little shoots coming out of the ground that 3 weeks earlier was baron dirt. Strong management of the club and the direction it is taking will then put the whole club behind the greeny and heaven help any from within or outside the club that bags um! :diablo

mrmagoo
02-05-2009, 02:07 PM
And while i'm on my high horse here.
Why in heavens name would a club that has a fulltime keeper and abundant money to throw at their greens try and tell the world that the other club trying to get along on volly help and just trying to survive from one year to the next is going nowhere and they need to spend big bucks to get there greens up to the high held standards of "their" club. We uphold a great standard of grass but we cant put in new greens every 10 years. We would not exist now. We do as well as we can for what we are and our greens always come up for the year and we try harder every year. We will never hold the aus open at our club and we have a high standard of green but we have to ring out every dollar we can before we replace it. If greenies cost us 20k a year we could manage and anything more we would be in debt every year. To think we, as a club would insult a greeny by offering them 20k is a joke. WE don't have pokies, We dont have more than 90 members, WE charge cheaply for drinks...........argh fcuk it.... Some clubs suck

pjsomers
02-05-2009, 07:19 PM
And while i'm on my high horse here.
Why in heavens name would a club that has a fulltime keeper and abundant money to throw at their greens try and tell the world that the other club trying to get along on volly help and just trying to survive from one year to the next is going nowhere and they need to spend big bucks to get there greens up to the high held standards of "their" club. We uphold a great standard of grass but we cant put in new greens every 10 years. We would not exist now. We do as well as we can for what we are and our greens always come up for the year and we try harder every year. We will never hold the aus open at our club and we have a high standard of green but we have to ring out every dollar we can before we replace it. If greenies cost us 20k a year we could manage and anything more we would be in debt every year. To think we, as a club would insult a greeny by offering them 20k is a joke. WE don't have pokies, We dont have more than 90 members, WE charge cheaply for drinks...........argh frug it.... Some clubs suck

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: