PDA

View Full Version : Merimbula Pairs and Fortune Fours

dunny
08-05-2009, 06:21 PM
i had the pleasure of attending the aristacrot pairs at merimbula and we were lucky enough to win our 6 games and came 4th. had some very stiff opposition in playing paddles and whale in the 2nd game and macca and hes dad from yarrum(think thats how its spelt its near yallourn)in the 4th game. quality blokes in all games and a well run tourny, beer was cold pies were awesome and even had the pleasure of seeing paddles put down a worng bias :mad: . did anyone else attend either tourny.

pjsomers
08-05-2009, 09:31 PM
and even had the pleasure of seeing paddles put down a worng bias :mad: . did anyone else attend either tourny.

Would have loved to have seen that...Did Ross the Boss witness that??? I think Ross's oversized marbles have just come down in price!!!
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Davo
09-05-2009, 03:12 PM
i had the pleasure of attending the aristacrot pairs at merimbula and we were lucky enough to win our 6 games and came 4th. had some very stiff opposition in playing paddles and whale in the 2nd game and macca and hes dad from yarrum(think thats how its spelt its near yallourn)in the 4th game. quality blokes in all games and a well run tourny, beer was cold pies were awesome and even had the pleasure of seeing paddles put down a worng bias :mad: . did anyone else attend either tourny.

Couldn't have been that stiff if you won all your games dunny!! :smile: ;)

Paddles
11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Ahh Dunny you didnt let me down.

Sorry for the slow response but have been busy. Am presently at the airport on my way to Karratha WA for the day tomorrow and no, not for bowls...work.

Your right! The Merimbula pairs and fours tourney is excellent and I know it was made even better for you by my :oops: wrong bias. Those are a bit like Hayleys Comet...rare in deed and you were there to be one of the privileged to see such a phenomenon.

We (the Mt Waverley boys) had a good fours tourny too with two wins, one draw and three losses all by one shot.

We even almost rolled the Taren Point boys holding five (and game) on the last end of the last game when Wayne Turley played the most magnificent draw shot to grab second shot and ended up winning 24-23 and the overall cheque. And all that after we were down 3-17.

Ahh so close!