PDA

View Full Version : Greenkeeper's Day

kakadu
04-06-2009, 10:41 AM
I remember when i played in the western district i was invited to a greenkeepers day(tournament) at geelong and it was a great day.The players are all teams made up of greenkeepers and their helpers/assistants its a full on 3 games etc with normal scoring and the social atmosphere is tops.I wonder if such a day could be organised in my association or others as it gets all the greenkeepers together for a good day that they all deserve not to mention their helpers, what do you think dunny?

dunny
04-06-2009, 10:48 AM
I remember when i played in the western district i was invited to a greenkeepers day(tournament) at geelong and it was a great day.The players are all teams made up of greenkeepers and their helpers/assistants its a full on 3 games etc with normal scoring and the social atmosphere is tops.I wonder if such a day could be organised in my association or others as it gets all the greenkeepers together for a good day that they all deserve not to mention their helpers, what do you think dunny?i have one in the planning already kaka, but with a different format to the regular game, keep posted, prob looking at a date in september

DWilksy
04-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Went to a greenkeepers day at Cementco last year. Massive drinkathon with a couple of very pretty topless girls selling raffle tickets out on the green :shock: . The bowls weren't that serious, but what a fantastic day :razz: !

pjsomers
04-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Went to a greenkeepers day at Cementco last year. Massive drinkathon with a couple of very pretty topless girls selling raffle tickets out on the green :shock: . The bowls weren't that serious, but what a fantastic day :razz: !

What is it with you & topless Or titty raffle girls??? :shock:

Send em down here...Our weather is very nipply at the moment :smile:

DWilksy
04-06-2009, 10:15 PM

Don't know pj. Think I must be turning into a dirty old perv :shock: :shock: :smile:

pjsomers
04-06-2009, 10:20 PM

Don't know pj. Think I must be turning into a dirty old perv :shock: :shock: :smile:

THAT'S WHY I'M TELLING YOU TO SEND THEM DOWN HERE!!! :listen to me:

lynyrd
05-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Victorian Greenkeepers Association run a few days throughout the year, we have a very well supported Pairs Day, which involves playing bowls and plenty of amber liquid, then those who can venture into the city, our singles day is a little more serious for bowling but again amber liquid is available, then our end of season cruise which is coming up an the end of July, is no bowls just get together with ample amber liquid. To keep up to date with what we do check out our website www.victga.com (http://www.victga.com)

We try and gather as much as we can but work commitments during the season hold us back a little, but when we do get together it is always a fantastic day and very entertaining.

Stem Weevil
21-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Victorian Greenkeepers Association run a few days throughout the year, we have a very well supported Pairs Day, which involves playing bowls and plenty of amber liquid, then those who can venture into the city, our singles day is a little more serious for bowling but again amber liquid is available, then our end of season cruise which is coming up an the end of July, is no bowls just get together with ample amber liquid. To keep up to date with what we do check out our website www.victga.com (http://www.victga.com)

We try and gather as much as we can but work commitments during the season hold us back a little, but when we do get together it is always a fantastic day and very entertaining.
The Couch Tour is coming up again. Bus load of Green Keepers tour through Central and Northern Vic and Southern NSW talking to other Greenkeepers and looking at their greens. Think we even call in on Dunny this time. My first tour, looking foward to it.

Robbo
21-07-2009, 12:44 PM

I remember back at Wentworthville Leagues we were playing the pokies & every time you got a 50 coin drop these scantily clad women in fishnet stockings gave you a raffle ticket. So me and my mate just fed 50 coins in the machine, called 'em over & got our raffle ticket. When they left we pushed the coin collection button & fed 'em back in again. Luckily the scantily dressed ladies, well, let's say their bread wasn't quite baked, didn't cotton on to our scam. Funny also they didn't notice the crowd of blokes standing behind us watching & cheering each time we dropped the 50th coin in the slot!! :shock:

Those were the days when that terrible Tooheys Blue wasn't long released. Me and my mate reckon we had 50 schooners each of that crap that day!! :???: :???:

Robbo
21-07-2009, 12:48 PM

I remember back at Wentworthville Leagues we were playing the pokies & every time you got a 50 coin drop these scantily clad women in fishnet stockings gave you a raffle ticket. So me and my mate just fed 50 coins in the machine, called 'em over & got our raffle ticket. When they left we pushed the coin collection button & fed 'em back in again. Luckily the scantily dressed ladies, well, let's say their bread wasn't quite baked, didn't cotton on to our scam. Funny also they didn't notice the crowd of blokes standing behind us watching & cheering each time we dropped the 50th coin in the slot!! :shock:

Those were the days when that terrible Tooheys Blue wasn't long released. Me and my mate reckon we had 50 schooners each of that crap that day!! :???: :???:

Sorry guys....guilty of being off topic. PJ's influence :mrgreen:

dunny
27-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Victorian Greenkeepers Association run a few days throughout the year, we have a very well supported Pairs Day, which involves playing bowls and plenty of amber liquid, then those who can venture into the city, our singles day is a little more serious for bowling but again amber liquid is available, then our end of season cruise which is coming up an the end of July, is no bowls just get together with ample amber liquid. To keep up to date with what we do check out our website http://www.victga.com

The Couch Tour is coming up again. Bus load of Green Keepers tour through Central and Northern Vic and Southern NSW talking to other Greenkeepers and looking at their greens. Think we even call in on Dunny this time. My first tour, looking foward to it.
yup you guys will be calling into cobram, if the weather is dry i will be giving a demo of the fatboy on a dormant couch

Stem Weevil
02-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Looking foward on that demo Dunny as I havnt seen one in action before.

B2 ROCKET
03-08-2009, 02:50 PM
THATS IF YOU MAKE IT THAT FAR STEM WEEVIL ITS A LONG BUS TRIP :cheers: :twisted:

AND WILL BE GOOD SEE HOW SOMEONE ELSE IS SETTING IT & USING IT FOR ME

pjsomers
07-08-2009, 08:10 PM
By the way boys...How did the tour go? And did any of the greenkeepers on the forum get anything out of it???

And, did you consume much grog???

Do tell!!! :cheers:

Perko
07-08-2009, 08:18 PM
By the way boys...How did the tour go? And did any of the greenkeepers on the forum get anything out of it???
And, did you consume much grog???

Do tell!!! :cheers:

The tour guide did.

lynyrd
07-08-2009, 11:26 PM
the tour was excellent and well organised, I think all on the bus learnt quitea lot about tifdwarf greens and the varied ways of maintaining them. Each greenkeeper has his own way to look after their greens and no one way is correct.
If we took one item from each greenie we spoke with then our greens will be all the better.
Felt really inspired for the coming season upon returning yesterday.

dunny
09-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I remember when i played in the western district i was invited to a greenkeepers day(tournament) at geelong and it was a great day.The players are all teams made up of greenkeepers and their helpers/assistants its a full on 3 games etc with normal scoring and the social atmosphere is tops.I wonder if such a day could be organised in my association or others as it gets all the greenkeepers together for a good day that they all deserve not to mention their helpers, what do you think dunny?
the cobram greenkeepers bowls day is on friday 11th september. 12.30pm start single entries. 3 games of 10 ends. cards redrawn after each game. we have 2 good sponsors in globe australia and ITS many thanks go to these 2 companies who support a good day out. will be a good way to relax and enjoy good company before the season gets too busy. no need to be a greeny to play, all welcome. so far we have outside entries from numurkah town, strathmerton,tocumwal and the cobram barooga golf club. :get outa here:

dunny
12-09-2009, 09:51 AM
great day yesterday was had by all, different format was awesome and well accepted, sponsors were well mentioned, plenty of beers were consumed plenty of tucker provided, this will become an annual event and will grow into a great day to get together and relax, and was a sight to see old bowls start turning backwards on close to 20 sec greens :smile: :smile: :smile: just hope that next year it will be supported by a couple more clubs

pjsomers
12-09-2009, 08:53 PM
great day yesterday was had by all, different format was awesome and well accepted, sponsors were well mentioned, plenty of beers were consumed plenty of tucker provided, this will become an annual event and will grow into a great day to get together and relax, and was a sight to see old bowls start turning backwards on close to 20 sec greens :smile: :smile: :smile: just hope that next year it will be supported by a couple more clubs

:get outa here:

mrmagoo
15-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Bugger me Dunny. I have only just got back on but I would have come over from tonny with a couple just for the day out and to meet ya.

dunny
16-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Bugger me Dunny. I have only just got back on but I would have come over from tonny with a couple just for the day out and to meet ya.
no probs will do again next year so u wont miss out :get outa here: , also going to change name to greenkeepers and vacum cleaners day so those clubs with synthetic might come too :grin:

B2 ROCKET
16-09-2009, 08:23 AM
VACUMERS DAY DUNNY :smile:

16-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Now THATS humour...