PDA

View Full Version : Under 18 Test Series - Vic vs ACT

sauce
17-12-2007, 04:07 PM
ACT won the first test 6 points to 2.
Just had a chat to Dane McKinnon (Werribee) who is leading in the triples and fours.
Vics won the fours by about 10 shots but lost the other 3 disciplines. Greens running about 15 seconds so good conditions for interstate bowls. Hopefully the lads will go a bit better tomorrow.

shoom
17-12-2007, 05:44 PM
ACT won the first test 6 points to 2.
Just had a chat to Dane McKinnon (Werribee) who is leading in the triples and fours.
Vics won the fours by about 10 shots but lost the other 3 disciplines. Greens running about 15 seconds so good conditions for interstate bowls. Hopefully the lads will go a bit better tomorrow.

I just spoke to matty rennexs old man. Greens i heard just over 13. He said Dane bowled well. 10 shots correct. Lost triples by 7. Flogged in the pairs and dylan just lost singles. I heard he was stiff. They will be better tommorow.

Robdog
17-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Yep, greens were a bit slow, had a massive dumping of rain yesterday, barely stopped all day. Should be more like 16-17 tomorrow. I've got full results coming in just a moment.

Robdog
17-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Ok, results are up in start your engines, I'll post a copy here anyway.

There was nothing wrong with the way Dylan played, he missed a couple of crucial trails by millimetres and I think he struggled on the tight side (there was a bit of a flukey breeze all afternoon). 25-20 is a good solid result, even if it is a loss.

Robdog
17-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Results of first days play are as follows.

Singles - R. Craven defeated D. Fisher 25-20

Pairs - B. Locke, J. McLennan (skip) defeated J. Carpenter, D. Fisher (skip) 30-15

Triples - J. Worthley, S. Murton, R. Craven (skip) defeated D. McKinnon, A. Wilson, M. Rennox (skip) 20-13

Fours - B. Locke, J. Worthley, S. Murton, J. McLennan (skip) lost to D. McKinnon, J. Carpenter, A. Wilson, M. Rennox 26-16

ACT won first test 6 points to 2
Margin of +17

shoom
17-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Results of first days play are as follows.

Singles - R. Craven defeated D. Fisher 25-20

Pairs - B. Locke, J. McLennan (skip) defeated J. Carpenter, D. Fisher (skip) 30-15

Triples - J. Worthley, S. Murton, R. Craven (skip) defeated D. McKinnon, A. Wilson, M. Rennox (skip) 20-13

Fours - B. Locke, J. Worthley, S. Murton, J. McLennan (skip) lost to D. McKinnon, J. Carpenter, A. Wilson, M. Rennox 26-16

ACT won first test 6 points to 2
Margin of +17

Hey robdog how did matty rennex go?

Robdog
17-12-2007, 10:42 PM
As you can see he won one lost one...

In the triples he played pretty poorly, was badly narrow with alot of his running shots and struggled to convert heads. I can't say much for the fours, as I was busy elsewhere, but from the little a saw he was doing much better

shoom
17-12-2007, 11:00 PM

In the triples he played pretty poorly, was badly narrow with alot of his running shots and struggled to convert heads. I can't say much for the fours, as I was busy elsewhere, but from the little a saw he was doing much better

Thanks robdog u must be craven a's. He plays at my bowling club 3rd for me.

sauce
18-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Domination by the Vics in todays test.

Singles by about 10
Triples by about 10 and the fours by a whopping 23 shots.
ACT snagged the pairs to regain some pride for the day.

Well done lads. Keep up the good work tomorrow and bring home the shield.

shoom
18-12-2007, 11:52 PM

How did he go today robdog? Ordinary?????

mazo
20-12-2007, 10:13 AM
what a fantastic test series went down to the wire, VIC wins 2 tests to 1. It came down to the very last game, last end, last bowl. on the 20th end VIC up in the fours by 2 shots, ACT holding 1 with one bowl to play, need two for a draw minimum to win the test and grab the series, 2 rink wins not good enough as VIC were ahead on margin after the pairs win.

Joshie McLennan comes down with his last bowl, is 10cm too heavy and just misses out on drawing second shot. Well done to both sides, some brilliant bowling in challenging conditions.

Third Test Results

Singles: ACT def VIC 25-22

Pairs: ACT lost to VIC 25-16

Triples: ACT def VIC 18-13

Fours: ACT lost to VIC 16-15

Robdog
22-12-2007, 11:07 PM

How did he go today robdog? Ordinary?????

He played much better both Tuesday and Wednesday, Vic's player of the match in both triples games. Again can't say much for Fours, was busy :P :roll: