PDA

View Full Version : ACT vs Southern Tablelands District Bowling Association

I-mac
10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Held again at the Queanbeyan Bowling Club, on the 19th and 20th Sept.

Selected ACT side:

Lead Second Third Skip
N. Power (Bel) G. Megee (Bel) I. Whybrow (WC) R. Tonkin (Bel)
M. Kelly (WC) J. McLennan (Qbn) W. Harmer (WC) T. McInnes (WC)
N. Dunn (SCW) G. Novinc (Bel) P. Watts (Bel) G. Charker (WC)
R. Craven (TV) D. Fitzpatrick (Bel) I. McLardie (Qbn) J. Bice (Bel)
D. Toole (Bel) D. Blair (Bel) R. Kyle (Nth) W. Watts (Bel)
M. Bateman (WC) D. Templeton (WDH) P. Daly (Qbn) P. Crowe (Qbn)

4 out of the 12 playing in the QLD series on the 13th and 14th Sept are available...Daly, Crowe, Fitzpatrick and Whybrow. The rest are unavailable due to PL commitments and personal reasons.

This will be a good test for us, especially after our Four rivers win!!

Bulldog
10-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Still it's a pretty fair side.
Do you know who is in the STDBA side?

I-mac
10-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Not until the day Bulldog.

trundler
11-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Interesting that ACT are still playing the District games when they will not be having the usual series against NSW in 2010, going to every 2 years.

(To save money?)

Bulldog
12-09-2009, 07:31 AM
are the act doing the same with the other states?

i would guess they might do that as everyone plays everyone each year in the sides championships anyway.
might ask some question about that. :grin:

I-mac
14-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Trundler,

We play a series today and tomorrow against QLD, 12 a side, then we play the Victorians in Nov, still to hear if that is 12 or 16 a side. Then in Feb we play NSW, again not sure if 12 or 16 a side. Unless this has changed in the last few weeks?

Zone games - Four Rivers, Southern tablelands, Newcastle, and another one also allow as to gel the team. Speaking from being in the SA state squad and now the ACT squad it allows a very good team enivronment and expecially with 6-7 regulars retiring last season, we're currently going through a re-development stage.

KingOfDraw
14-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Trundler,

We play a series today and tomorrow against QLD, 12 a side, then we play the Victorians in Nov, still to hear if that is 12 or 16 a side. Then in Feb we play NSW, again not sure if 12 or 16 a side. Unless this has changed in the last few weeks?

Zone games - Four Rivers, Southern tablelands, Newcastle, and another one also allow as to gel the team. Speaking from being in the SA state squad and now the ACT squad it allows a very good team enivronment and expecially with 6-7 regulars retiring last season, we're currently going through a re-development stage.

This is a 12-a-side match.
Apparently keeping some cost down.

I-mac
14-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks KOD, in line with next years side championship then.

Great to see the boys are currently up 33 to 26 after 35 ends...

trundler
15-09-2009, 03:44 PM
ACT has advised not playing NSW in 2010 in February

KingOfDraw
16-09-2009, 02:43 PM

Is that because NSW will only play if it's 16, not 12 !!

I-mac
16-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah i'm a little disappointed with this and i'll chase it up on the weekend.

I-mac
21-09-2009, 01:28 PM
ACT retained the shield after a closely fought out 2 game series.

STDBA won the game on saturday afternoon by 23 shots (3-3); however the ACT side returned fire on the Sunday morning game to win by 28 shots (5-1) to win overall by 5 shots.

In the junior series, i believe the ACT squad defeated to STDBA side quite comfortablely.

trundler
22-09-2009, 11:29 AM

Is that because NSW will only play if it's 16, not 12 !!

As far as I am aware, the first we knew of it was a communication from ACT advising that they would play Interstate Matches only every 2 years.

I do know that the feeling in NSW is that 16 per side is the best option for everything, but I don't beleive that this was even discussed. It seems to me (on my own observation) that ACT is looking to limit expenditure, taking into account that they also pulled out of the Junior Match at Port Macquarie with NSW CHS.

The Alley Shield has a rich history of playing as 16-a-side.

Can see the sense of playing 3x4, as you can play 2 matches on the one green and also reduce the costs invovled for the competing States.....Seeing the sens does not equate to liking the decision.

Have also heard discussions that query how a plyer who has not played for his State this year can be selected for Australia.
One of the principles WAS always that you had to play for your State to play for Australia.

Rumours have it that it has been suggested that the Alley Shield should be played as 5-a-side, this was likened to playing three twenty20 matches tro decide who gets the Ashes!

22-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Rumours have it that it has been suggested that the Alley Shield should be played as 5-a-side, this was likened to playing three twenty20 matches tro decide who gets the Ashes!
Great analogy, Trundler.

Bulldog
22-09-2009, 12:06 PM

On recent results it might be a better idea for Australia! Perhaps you're administering the wrong sport mate? :mad: :grin: