PDA

View Full Version : National Premier League

Swifty
26-09-2011, 02:36 PM
It's being held at Ossy Park this year. I'll be there watching. I might even volunteer to umpire. Anyone here coming over?

Budda
26-09-2011, 02:53 PM
I know nothing of it Swifty, doubt SA will send a side and that is if they even know about it lol :smile:
Where can we find details of the so called National premier league?

Swifty
26-09-2011, 03:42 PM
It only started in (I think) 2008 and was won by Osborne Park that first year. It's organised by the clubs concerned, not the State associations. The winners of each state's premier league get together to play off for the national title. So far QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, Tassie and WA have been involved.

Budda
27-09-2011, 02:03 AM
It only started in (I think) 2008 and was won by Osborne Park that first year. It's organised by the clubs concerned, not the State associations. The winners of each state's premier league get together to play off for the national title. So far QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, Tassie and WA have been involved.
Fair enough, as hinted i doubt SA or our governing body would bother with this unfortunately.

If clubs knew of this i would suggest some clubs here would be very keen to play as long as it out of pennant season for us.

Bowls SA seem more intent on spending their money on their state sides in the middle of winter rather than supporting clubs in something like this, which most bowlers would enjoy, probably another reason Bowels SA won't tell clubs of this event and won;t help clubs play in it :mad:

Swifty
27-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Fair enough, as hinted i doubt SA or our governing body would bother with this unfortunately.

If clubs knew of this i would suggest some clubs here would be very keen to play as long as it out of pennant season for us.

Bowls SA seem more intent on spending their money on their state sides in the middle of winter rather than supporting clubs in something like this, which most bowlers would enjoy, probably another reason Bowels SA won't tell clubs of this event and won;t help clubs play in it :mad:

A Freudian slip, or are you really saying they're full of shit? :smile: :smile: :smile:

Keith Maniac
27-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Are all the champs coming over, Swifty? It would be great if the Clayton boys could get over. I might pop up the road to Perth. When is it? :cheers:

Swifty
27-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Not sure who's coming this year. But it's on the weekend of 15th and 16th of October. Plus either the Friday or Monday, I'm not sure which.

ita
27-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Are all the champs coming over, Swifty? It would be great if the Clayton boys could get over. I might pop up the road to Perth. When is it? :cheers:

Now that would be interesting... Would Todd and Snapper get an invite and if they did would they be in Clays or Demons colours.. :grin: Wilksy and Burgeo would keep the bar sales ticking over :mad:

Ita

Keith Maniac
27-09-2011, 10:36 PM

Now that would be interesting... Would Todd and Snapper get an invite and if they did would they be in Clays or Demons colours.. :grin: Wilksy and Burgeo would keep the bar sales ticking over :mad:

Ita

I was only thinking of helping Ossie Park's bottom line. :cheers: :smile:

Keith Maniac
27-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Just a thought. If it's on the 15th and 16th, it is highly unlikely that any Melbourne club would come over just after the start of the new season.

Pity.

Budda
28-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Just a thought. If it's on the 15th and 16th, it is highly unlikely that any Melbourne club would come over just after the start of the new season.

Pity.
Same with us we start our pennant season on 8th October Keith, but it doesn't alter the fact that clubs here probably don't even know of the event anyway and yes Swifty it was a little tongue in cheek that spelling

Swifty
29-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Just checked. No Victorian or Tassie teams this year. Just us, Helensvale, Cabramatta and Tuggeranong.

I believe they're playing one game on Friday and two on Saturday. I volunteered to umpire, but they might have already organised one. In that case I'll be manning the main scoreboard.

If any forumites are coming over, make sure you say g'day to the fat bloke with the (rapidly-greying) ginger beard. You can't miss me. :smile: :cheers:

Swifty
17-10-2011, 01:47 PM
A great couple of days of bowls, with some bloody good games played.

Ossy Park managed to JUST beat Cabramatta in the last game, but not by enough to take the win off them. Congrats to the Cabra boys.

I must say I was proud of the way our blokes played. With the number of international players in the other teams, and all the extra experience they get playing at this standard week after week, we put up a damn good fight. We get to play interstate bowls just one week a year, yet we showed that our best are up there with the best in the country.