PDA

View Full Version : Sinbad returns

Sinbad
28-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Hello members! Well after a 5 year rest from this place I am now in a position to be able to relax and take it a bit easier so I am making a return in a much more diluted form. I have had a couple of life changing experiences during my ‘break’ from this forum and am truly grateful to have survived. These have changed my outlook on life quite a bit.

I also took on some bowls administration positions for which I was vilified and pilloried by certain members of the bowls community. As a result I have withdrawn from all forms of bowls administration, I have also given up coaching as well as umpiring; it’s time for ME to enjoy my involvement in this game. I am still involved with Junior bowls at club level and will be for another few years. Kids tend to non-judgmental and accept things on face value. That is until they come under the influence of some of the ‘best’ bowlers at clubs.

So there you have it, a précis of the past 5 years. I look forward to my involvement with this forum once again.

:cheers:

Chalks1971
28-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Welcome back Frank!

Sinbad
28-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Thanks John. Good to be back.

Keith Maniac
28-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Welcome back Frank!

What he said, comrade! :cheers:

Lefty
28-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Time flys Sinbad, 5 years really? welcome back. I reckon you'll find tis just like Days of our lives - a few different characters, same plot line. :lol:

Sinbad
28-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks Keith, and Lefty you are probably right. However, I have reached that age where navel gazing is the major preoccupation of my day. Might as well be entertained whilst I do.

michaelw
28-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Welcome back me' old salt. You'll see not much has changed ;)

Sinbad
28-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Welcome back me' old salt. You'll see not much has changed ;)
Thanks MW

pjsomers
28-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Great to have you back Frank...

Maybe you can advise why you left in the first place and put a nasty rumour to bed... :cheers:

Keith Maniac
28-02-2013, 08:15 PM

Maybe you can advise why you left in the first place and put a nasty rumour to bed... :cheers:

Feelin' guilty, PJ? :smile: :smile:

Sinbad
01-03-2013, 08:02 AM

Thanks PJ.
Happy to dispel/confirm any rumor if you want to tell me what the nasty rumor was.

Verbal
01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
it came out that pj was your love child and you left in embarrassment :mad:

Plumage
01-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Welcome Back Sinbad :get outa here: And A Vicious Rumour It Was As Well :grin: By The Way PJ :oops: What Was It :listen to me: :cheers:

Sinbad
01-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Welcome Back Sinbad And A Vicious Rumour It Was As Well :grin: By The Way PJ What Was It :cheers:
Plumage, you still going strong. Thanks for the welcome back. Hows the little one? :cool:

Nice try Verbal, but everyone knows there isnt a woman alive capable of carrying PJ for 9 months. :smile:

Plumage
01-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Little Ones Not So Little Anymore Sinbad .... She Just Turned Four :eek: And Started Kindergarten :???: Great Age ' Good Fun ' Certainly Pulled Me Into Line :get outa here: Apart From Last Sunday :oops: And Thankyou For Asking ;) Hope You're Keeping Well :cheers:

Sinbad
01-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Little Ones Not So Little Anymore Sinbad .... She Just Turned Four And Started Kindergarten :???: Great Age ' Good Fun ' Certainly Pulled Me Into Line :get outa here: Apart From Last Sunday :oops: And Thankyou For Asking ;) Hope You're Keeping Well :cheers:

Good to hear. Yes mate, things are good here. :cheers:

pjsomers
03-03-2013, 03:26 PM

Thanks PJ.
Happy to dispel/confirm any rumor if you want to tell me what the nasty rumor was.
After you left KM advised me that you had left purely because of me. That's why I asked you the question on Facebook and was happy to convey your answer.

Sinbad
03-03-2013, 05:41 PM

Thanks PJ.
After you left KM advised me that you had left purely because of me. That's why I asked you the question on Facebook and was happy to convey your answer.

No PJ my departure was not because of you, or any other contributor to the forum.

As a Moderator I expected to cop a bit of flack for some of my decisions. However, those decisions were always in the interests of all members and not because of my own ethical standards. In the end I perceived that I had contributed all I could to the forum, the owners were happy with the status quo and were not interested in tweaking it any further, and based on my health at the time I thought it opportune to withdraw.

It was gratifying to know that a number of the forumites have stuck with me throughout, via other mediums. They know who they are so there is no need to name them. I will be forever grateful for their moral support.

pjsomers
03-03-2013, 05:44 PM
No PJ my departure was not because of you, or any other contributor to the forum.

Thanks Sinbad.

Liars are always found out in the end aren't they Keith Maniac???

Keith Maniac
04-03-2013, 10:56 AM

Thanks Sinbad.

Believe what you want. It's ancient history, anyway, but just for the record, you are distorting the truth again, PJ.

Great to have you back Frank. Just ignore the bile. :cheers:

pjsomers
05-03-2013, 06:53 PM

Thanks Sinbad.

Believe what you want. It's ancient history, anyway, but just for the record, you are distorting the truth again, PJ.

:roll: Of course I am... That's why you were so quick to PM me to give it to me... You are such a tool!!! :smile:

Budda
05-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Settle down guys

Keith Maniac
05-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Settle down guys

That's why the PM, Budda. I tried to keep the inevitable gutter invective off the open forum, but leopards, spots, etc ........ :roll: :roll:

Fatty
06-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Sinbad...aren't you glad you returned??? :grin:

I mean just after one post we have angst :smile: :smile: :listen to me:

Anyway Sinbad, pleased you are back and looking forward to some quality posts :get outa here:

Sinbad
07-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Sinbad...aren't you glad you returned??? :grin:

I mean just after one post we have angst.

Anyway Sinbad, pleased you are back and looking forward to some quality posts :get outa here:

Thank you ma'am.
Have to say I was a little surprised. :shock: I guess I am just relieved there is no B....man or P......i to remind me of me errant past.

Lefty
07-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Ah the memories - :smile: