Thread: State Mixed pairs

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 113/1
    Given: 378/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

State Mixed pairs

After 2 postponements on the first 2 attempted Sundays due to excessive heat here, we finally managed to get the opening sectional round played 2 Sundays ago on 20th December. Event was originally scheduled to start o 13th December with knockouts played on Saturday 19th, country to come in on Sunday 20th and finals on 21st December. We eventually got started on Sunday 20th after the Saturday was forecast for 39 degrees. I can happily say i made it through my section winning all 3 games also and with luck of the knockout draw went straight into the final 16 where the 5 country regions will join us after 5 knockouts will get played on Sunday 10th January now.

The Final 16 will start at 11.30 am on that Sunday with 2 games being played that day, some who have to play the extra game at 9.30 am may have to play a 3rd that day if they keep winning. Leaving the Monday 11th January for the Final 4 to play 2 rounds.

Fingers crossed if i can go well, i hoping to back up my 2009 win in this event - hopefully

Will try and keep people posted if i remember after the 2 final days of the event in January.

If it wasn't for the postponements, we would have been finished the event on 21st December 2015, but the weather didn't look after us leading into Xmas
    Last edited by Budda; 29-12-2015 at 12:14 AM.